Trying to get the ball rolling from the UK....

ktandsm

Hi all, we've recently been granted permanent residency and have come home after a year of being away just to visit family. We're now trying to decide where to go when we return to Oz in the coming weeks (young(ish) couple with no kids or particular ties to anywhere). Job prospects are going to be the main deciding factor, and we were wondering if anyone has had any luck in securing jobs before they go? We were previously working contract jobs in Perth, and were hoping to head over East but it's proving difficult to establish contacts. I'm a Civil Engineer and my gf is a legal professional, though she is hoping to start a conversion course in accounting in March once we're settled somewhere...

Any advice would be much appreciated...

The company I work for are looking for people, almost nationally. though doubtful they will employ until you are here. Google 'BMD' check out career/employment opportunities, but do not be put off if your particular job is not available because it could be and not added yet, it would be a prudent move in getting your name (and your gf too) on file and chase-up again once you are in Aus.

good luck

Keith.

Thanks guys. Kind of thought we'd be looking at going back over blind, but managed to sort out a job for Perth whilst we were still in Auckland so we were keeping our fingers crossed we'd be able to do the same for somewhere on the east coast. Just seems to be a bit harder, though! Thanks Keith, will take a look.

Archived