form 80 and work experience question

savedbytheson

Hi,

Could anyone help me with the question please..in the case where I am not claiming points from work experience in EOI, would DIBP still call my employer for security check purpose if I gave out the detail of my work experiences in the form 80?

I am trying to avoid for DIBP to call my current employer since it will put my job at risk..

Thanks to whoever answering!

@supercow: you are right, i guess i am gonna have to be ready then. @Cubiscus: i haven't even been invited to apply :) but expecting within a month or so, and right now i am preparing all of the docs to reduce the processing time. thanks for the info btw, i hope they won't ask for form 80 and won't call my employer

If you've been with your employer over 52 weeks you have full employment rights and your employer cannot sack you for no valid reason.

@que sera: you are right, what i do not want is that if my application will affect the probability of being promoted, salary increase, etc. since i would still need to work there at least until my visa is granted.

Ah well that's a different scenario , I must be honest I turned down a promotion because I couldn't hand on heart do that to my employer. If it's just promotion I wouldn't worry about it as they may not call.

Archived