Help with rental of house in UK - Mortgage query/Independent Mortgage advisers

Sulac

Hi

We left England two years ago and rented our house out. Time has come to renew our mortgage as it goes back to base rate as from 1st September (3.99%). We currently have it at 2.69% with Halifax.

We have consent to lease at present but have been told they have no products available with this option and would have to go onto a buy to let mortgage which the Halifax Adviser reckons would be higher than 3.99%

As we have a fairly sizable mortgage we'd like to keep our repayments down to a minimum.

Anyone been in this situation or know of any good Mortgage Advisers in the UK who ma offer good mortgage rates with consent to lease?

Any help appreciated

Sulac:biglaugh:

Well you don't have to renew your mortgage just because the introductory offer has expired. Could you not just let it revert to the standard variable with Halifax? If you can, I would do that, would not think there are many better options for non resident buy to let mortgages.

Well you don't have to renew your mortgage just because the introductory offer has expired. Could you not just let it revert to the standard variable with Halifax? If you can, I would do that, would not think there are many better options for non resident buy to let mortgages.

That would be 3.99% which is quite a hike from 2.69%....

That would be 3.99% which is quite a hike from 2.69%....

So you had a low introductory offer, these expire and revert to a higher rate..

3.99% is a pretty good standard variable buy to let rate, you would only get better if you get another opening offer, but these will be very limited to you as a non resident, plus there are all the associated fees. Frankly, I would bite their hands off if you can get it and they don't ask you to remortgage elsewhere.

Still you could just google for a UK expat mortgage broker and let them do the leg work to see if there is anything else out there. Personally I doubt it, 3.99% looks like a great deal for your situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived