How about some of you joining me to try to answer a few of the 'Unanswered Threads" every week?

MARYROSE02

I like to try to answer a few of the "Unanswered Threads" every so often, if only to try to 'boost' them back into the light. Some of them just seem to get lost in the general 'deluge' of daily threads.

Maybe the mods could help by deleting some of the unanswered 'spam' type threads that don't warrant an answer?

If you think a thread is spam, or needs deleting for some other reason, then report it. There are that many posts on here the mods can't possibly read them all so some will get missed. Looking at the unanswered threads occasionally is a good idea though and I might just join you.

I like to try to answer a few of the "Unanswered Threads" every so often, if only to try to 'boost' them back into the light. Some of them just seem to get lost in the general 'deluge' of daily threads.

Maybe the mods could help by deleting some of the unanswered 'spam' type threads that don't warrant an answer?

Hi @MARYROSE02

Thanks for posting this, I also try to go through some unanswered threads and also there is a fair amount that I've removed for one reason or another.

Like NicF says, if you report a thread that may need attention then it will be looked at and appropriate action taken.

There's nothing worse on the forum than asking a desperate question and not getting a reply, so thanks for supporting those members by helping them out, it's really appreciated.

If you think a thread is spam, or needs deleting for some other reason, then report it. There are that many posts on here the mods can't possibly read them all so some will get missed. Looking at the unanswered threads occasionally is a good idea though and I might just join you.

Spam was probably the wrong word. I guess I was more thinking of legitimate threads that were just past their use by date, someone moving say and advertising a date when they wanted to get rid of stuff.

The sad thing about Unanswered Threads is that it is a bit like a "nice" soap opera. Post something uncontroversial and nobody answers it.

But post something nasty and often nothing to do with Australia, and you are inundated with replies (not least from me!)

I often look at them but a lot tend to be a bit 'technical' and I don't really have any answers. You are right what you say though- anything controversial gets a lot of replies.

You are right about the 'techinal' aspect, but sometimes it does inspire me to do some research, as I have just done with 405 visas after a friend asked me about retiring to Australia.

Archived