Notice payment

AJ

I am moving out a rental and my lease is up on 8th August but have only put notice in. They were quite happy for me to stay on a month to month lease after that but I am moving out a week into my notice so have paid them 3 extra weeks rent which I accept having to give 28 days notice but they have advertised it as being available from 15th August which would mean if someone rents from then I have already paid up till 28th. Does the agent have to refund me that money or do they get double rent for the property? Thanks

They know I am flying next week as I had to arrange an early final inspection so probably think I wont know. I only had a 6 month lease which finishes on 8th August, I gave them notice on 31st July so I am still on the original lease for a week of the notice period. If I have to pay in lieu of notice so be it I just dont want them getting double rent

They know I am flying next week as I had to arrange an early final inspection so probably think I wont know. I only had a 6 month lease which finishes on 8th August, I gave them notice on 31st July so I am still on the original lease for a week of the notice period. If I have to pay in lieu of notice so be it I just dont want them getting double rent

They cannot justify taking double rent. I would tell them that, if it is let, you would want your rent back or you will be staying / leaving your belongings in the house until the notice is up.

Hi AJ, best person to to talk to is the real estate agent. Letting the agent know you are aware that the flat you are currently leasing is advertised that the available date is the 15th and then give them a local bank account number to deposit the surplus rent in when someone else moves in so the landlord will not be receiving double the rent.

Archived