Aust dollar and UK pound $2.15

Gough Whitlam

It's really only treading water till September/October. That's when the real fun starts.

My worry is it'll happen too soon, and I'll have descions to make.

Hope so! We amazingly already have an offer on our house in Paisley, at the top end of our expectations (still a loss, but as good as we can hope for!) Due to complete mid September.

Just need to find out how long we can leave the cash in the UK before attracting capital gain on currency... If it even applies that is!

Hope so! We amazingly already have an offer on our house in Paisley, at the top end of our expectations (still a loss, but as good as we can hope for!) Due to complete mid September.

Just need to find out how long we can leave the cash in the UK before attracting capital gain on currency... If it even applies that is!

Awesome news on your house - well done!!

NWM

Awesome news on your house - well done!!

NWM

Thanks :cute: bit of a surprise, both the quick timing and the price offered! I suppose a house with private back yard is a rare thing at the low end of the market, though a few have sold at shockingly low prices recently. It does have nice views, with no houses directly opposite.

We will be better off financially compared with if we sold when we first moved, not sure it's worth the burden, but the difference would be enough to have a pool built, if we buy a house without :wink:

Archived