Broken Passport...

Ronansmyth

Hi All,

Random query - I have a 100 visa (which I validated with a trip earlier this month) and my Mrs and I will be moving over in April '16.

My passport to which the visa is linked is a chip one, but the chip doesn't work (meaning I can't get through the quick gates at bloomin Heathrow). It also comes up every time I clear passport control in the UK as they can't get the passport to scan.

I will contact immi.gov.au and my passport office to sort it, but I was oondering of anyone knew whether there would be as issue with me replacing my passport with a new one. I am worried that my visa is linked to my current PP and that replacing it would result in a different PP number and issues with the visa.

Like I say, I will contact the office query lines, I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge of this sort of thing.

Cheers

Ronan

There is no point contacting Australian immigration about this at the moment. But if you do get a new UK passport, at that point you would contact Australian immigration and ask to link the visa to the new passport.

If you still have access to immiaccount (regardless of whether your visa is granted or not) you can update passport details online if you do get a new passport. Or like Suzukiscottie says, complete Form 929. (Online, on the immiaccount takes two minutes to complete and only needs the new passport details and a scan of the particulars page)

Archived