August Invitation Round/July Stats (189 Visa)

hightower00

Hi Folks,

Read a rumour the next invitation round will be 15th August, has that been officially confirmed yet?

Also, any official word on when they will publish the stats for the July round? (be great to figure out how far off I am getting an invite)

Thanks in advance!

Yep I would be interested in finding this out too. Are the invitation round dates published somewhere? And the number of spots remaining in each category?

Also - would an application with higher points sometimes be selected before an older application with fewer?

My wife just submitted her 189 EOI yesterday with 80 points (accountant). Fingers crossed!

Hi Folks,

Read a rumour the next invitation round will be 15th August, has that been officially confirmed yet?

Also, any official word on when they will publish the stats for the July round? (be great to figure out how far off I am getting an invite)

Thanks in advance!

Hi Folks,

I was told by my agent that it was the 03/08 & 10/08 , Not really expecting it this month as I only got 60 points

Hi Folks,

I was told by my agent that it was the 03/08 & 10/08 , Not really expecting it this month as I only got 60 points

I was told these dates by my agent too, but that was a couple of weeks ago, so not sure if a date has now been confirmed. Hoping for an invite next month.

Skillselect have not published a date as yet, however if the last (monthly) round is anything to go on then the invitations will be sent out on a Monday. That will be either the 3rd or the 10th August, as some people have already stated. @jonnylondon to answer your question, higher points get invited first regardless of date of submission for the EOI, I'd fully expect your wife to be invited in the August round.

So excited about the coming round! Fingers crossed! Submitted my EOI as External Auditor on June, 26th with 60 points, and wasn't selected in July round.

Wishing everyone to find a letter from SkillSelect in their mailboxes in a week!

Hi All,

I submitted my EOI on July 24th under the category of Internal Auditor with a total of 65 points. Any chance that i may get invited in August? When are the invitation rounds for August scheduled? The skillslect website doesnt seem to have any information after June 2015.

Some information on this will help

Thank you Captain. Fingers crossed. I have read ppl posting that they have got their PR in like 3 months after they filed in all the papers. Is that possible? Also since i have applied under 189 is there a chance i get a job before i reach Australia? (assuming i get invited)

Thank you Captain. Fingers crossed. I have read ppl posting that they have got their PR in like 3 months after they filed in all the papers. Is that possible? Also since i have applied under 189 is there a chance i get a job before i reach Australia? (assuming i get invited)

The service standards are that 70% of people will have their applications processed and completed within 3 months. It mostly depends on the complexity of your application whether this will be the same in your case.

There's a chance that you could receive a job offer, it depends how hard you try for a job in the mean time. There are certainly more eligible applicants than there are jobs, and unemployment is fairly high in Australia. Don't expect an employer to come knocking on your door, you have got to go looking yourself.

Also, if you're asking what I think you are asking then I've never heard of a person gaining employment through skillselect....ever.

Thanks once again.

Will be curious to see what transpires next week or the week after on the invitation. Hope to get invited first. I am happy that you say i will be invited for sure. Hope your words come true

If your EOI is sound and you've done everything correctly then I am absolutely certain that you'll be invited.

So excited about the coming round! Fingers crossed! Submitted my EOI as External Auditor on June, 26th with 60 points, and wasn't selected in July round.

Wishing everyone to find a letter from SkillSelect in their mailboxes in a week!

Hi Orlando

Who did you get your skill assessment done by ?

Did they assess your experience at the same time ?

Hi Folks,

Thanks in advance!

I have been told by my emigration agent you can be selected for a visa on any day, there aren't specific dates you can get selected.....

Set to happen on the First Monday of the Month is it?

So does it happen on August 3rd for example and invites come say from 4th or so?

Last month it was the first Monday, but it is difficult to say for sure because this is only the second of the new invitation regime, (it used to be fortnightly).

The assumption has been made that it is the first Monday, but that is yet to be absolutely confirmed.

The invitations are automatically chosen based on points and emails are sent from midnight. If you haven't got an email by 0600 AEST it is probable you haven't been invited.

In your case, you'll get the email.

Archived