ADF transfers

Guest Al&Jo

All,

PMKeys is in effect your Regtl No; it allows access to the ADF Intranet and a raft of other areas that are pertinent to you throughout service. Mat PM me or email and let me know where you are and how its going. I have started work at Singleton.

Allied Pickfords it is, they have no interest in when your discharge is. Once they recieve the go ahead from the Admin clerk at the AHC they will cater for your needs. Authority to move is issued when your Visas are issued by DIMIA and a POSTING ORDER in the form of a signal is issued aroung the bazaars incl the AHC. For storage email Spray on this site who I believe is putting gear into storage.

Regards,

Martin

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest spray21

Storage

We are storing some of our things in between selling our house and having it all shipped. Allied Pickfords have been brilliant and are coming TOMORROW (!) to pack it all up and then they are going to store it for us until we instruct them to ship it. We pay for the storage.

I did talk to them about storing it ourselves - they said don't bother as they'd just unpack it and re-pack it themselves any way, so from that I would assume that they are happy to take things from store. If in doubt, give them a ring, they're lovely - 02082198546

Guest thistles and gum trees

Could any of you tell me what size of container the adf will allow us to ship? ie will it carry a complete household of goods or did you need to cut back? Thanks, Dave.

Thanks to all for the advice and words of wisdom....

We thought it would never arrive but received our offer of service on email this morning!!!! :lol: So happy - and relieved.

Now for more advice.. What comes next? Will return offer signed today. Thanks to you all for your help and info, UK Sniper, Martin Ness, Spray and the rest of you - you know who you are. Any further info would be great. Am so happy could prattle on all day.... 8) :D Dave and Sarah

Guest spray21

Your entitlement for shipping is a 40ft container - as a guide, we're taking everything from our 3 bed house (although no kids so I guess other people might have more 'stuff'!) and it is still only a 20ft container. Feel slightly disappointed not to have filled up the allowance, as the container is free but we have to pay for the dog! On that note though, we did get told yesterday about some sort of relocation allowance of about $600 which we can claim towards the cost of the dog. (It's a drop in the ocean but better than a poke in the eye :)! )

Guest Littlenick

Hi everyone

Just wanted to wish everyone moving or have moved all the best in their new career. We (me, hubby and 2 boys) are currently going through the process of joining oz navy and are waiting for the job offer to come through. It's been a long haul and we still have the visa application to do.

I read that some people frontloaded their meds with the visa application do you think this is what we should do to speed things up? We are in married quarters and have had notice that we should vacate 23 Feb 07 (we can stay longer) so we want to get things moving. We already have our police checks ready to send so just the medicals to do.

Thanks for any help. Take care

Nicky

Guest spray21

Nicky - if I were you I'd do the research on meds, work out where you will get them done and how much it will cost, and then have them done the instant the job offer comes through. I would not get them done before the job offer as they are expensive - hundreds of pounds, rather than the tenner each that the police checks cost. Use the DIMIA website to find a list of panel doctors who can do meds, then ring a few and ask for prices as they can vary a lot.

Guest uksniper

Your medicals and Police check need to be under one year old on your arrival date in Australia, so you can work out from there if you should get them done now or not.

Guest nev_n_angie

Hi

1st post on here!

My Hubby has had his offer letter from Canberra to joing the RAN. The letter came with terms of ref etc. As far as I know, we are waiting on immigration to contact us - is this correct? Or do we need to contact them?

I have downloaded the 47ES form to have a look at it and try to get all the docs needed together - I am running blind now though as I'm not too sure how to go about sorting this??!!!! :oops:

I have ordered police checks and full birh certificates - they should be here soon.

I have no clue on whether it's wise to get medicals sorted sooner rather than later - if so, what do I ask for??

I am in Plymouth - if anyone is going down the same route, or is further on than us - PLEASE HELP!!!!!

My Hubby has been offered a 6 year contract starting in October 07 in Canberra - all depends on successful Visa Application - he has already had an RN Medical - passed security checks etc - does he need to do this again??

We have 3 kids between us - 11,15 & 16. The REDLO has been in touch with a Comprehensive pack for Schooling etc - we've opened a Bank Account with Commonwealth Bank, Sold the House - AARRGGHH!!!

Angie

Hi Angie,

My hubby recently got his letter from the RAAF and we are pretty much in the same boat as you. :roll: We are expected to go over at the end of October and sign for a minimum of 6 years - we are headed for Victoria. Unlike most of the guys on here, I am unable to give you too much advice however - listen to spray, uk snipper and Martin - they have tons of info between them :shock: - and if you want to compare notes along the way - post me a line.

Hope all goes well for you. Sarah and family

Guest guest8930

Hi All :lol:

Having read all your emails it seems very much like the actual path to enlistment is never the same! I am at the stage where I am awaiting my visa outcome (HOPEFULLY THIS WEEK!), I must say its been a nightmare dealing with the Oz Army, I am a WO2 in the APTC joining the Oz Medical Corps as a Sgt PTI. I will layout what my path has been which I am lead to believe is the correct order, here goes:

1. Initial contact email of transfer interest.

2. Email recieved & application form issued. (2-4 weeks)

3. Complete Application form.

4. Application form accessed & enlistment package issued. (2-4 weeks)

5. Complete enlistment package & return.

6. Enlistment package recieved & processed. (6-8 weeks)

7. Phone call - welfare interviews with myself & wife, questions & answers both ways. (2-4 weeks)

8. Report writen after welfare interviews - all OK. (2 weeks)

9. Formal job offer released, you sign & return.

10. Oz Army applies for your Labour Agreement on your behalf.

11. Labour Agreement agreed & recieved. (6-8 weeks)

12. Authority given to attend Panel Doctors for visa medicals (whol family)

13. Apply for visa.

14. Wait for visa outcome

From the above you can see some differences, my main problem has been the lack of contact (on their part) & compitance of the youny soldiers dealing with the application i.e they loose doc's, forget to request docs etc all of which has added approx 9 weeks to my whole process which in turn has put me in a possition where I am due to finish with the British Army in 1 week with no confirmed visa.

I have got a back up plan of Continuance & LSL if the visa is not approved but I am going to have to say yes or no to this before my ROD or else I will be a civi & then this is no longer an option! Which in turn then adds another problem of release from Continuance LSL when/if the visa is confirm.

All I can say is transfering has been a testing time & at times I have questioned myself on if I am making the right choice! But I am sure I am for all the all family. I hope the above info is of use & if I can help just ask.

Neil :wink:

Hi Guys,

We have got to about number 9 or 10 on Neils plan, :? however although they have told us they have applied for a Labour Agreement for us, we have still to receive a formal offer to sing and return. Should I panic :shock: or has this been the case for any others? We plan to leave 9 months TODAY :D

Also worry about how long other things will take. Visa, medical :oops: etc (read on the medical forms that they examine LOTS - is that true :oops: ).

We were told not to have our security checks done until July - any reason for that?

Were there any of you overseas when you did this? I don't think we have all our certificates as they may be in storage and we were planning just to ship our storage container direct as we are only back in the UK 1 week before we leave 8) . Any suggestions?

Thanks. Panic is setting in - 9 months to go (we hope)!

sign not sing :oops: - sorry its hot in Cyprus 8) and the heat is obviously getting to me...... please bear with me...

Guest nev_n_angie

Hi Sarah

DO NOT PANIC!!!!!

The Labour Agreement generally takes a few weeks to come through. The Medicals can be booked and are valid for 12 months as are the Police checks.

Have you had the conditions of service letter yet??

When I spoke to Canberra, they said that they applied for the Labour Agreement back in beginning of December - but that we wouldn't hear anything until at least end of January - beginning of February.

When the Labour Agreement comes, they will attach all of the relevant Visa Applications forms etc. You already have these, so it's giving you a good head start.

9 months sounds good - even if your visa arrives in 3-6 months. Some people do not hand their notice in until they have their Visa sorted - this can add another 12 months!!!

Keep smiling and hopefully speak to you soon

Angie xx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Marie and Paul

Hi Guys

Been a while, still waiting got our CO just before we left for the states for a well deserved break, unfortunately things weren't straight forward with our paperwork, my OH has 2 children from a previous marriage that we have not seen or any contact whatsoever for 10 yrs + but we still included them on the 47ES as obviously being a legal doc and the hope that the boys still might wish to see their dad even though they were never migrating with us we entered their details (did cross our mind not to include them, but kept thinking if they delved they would stumble across them and ask why we hadn't been honest) CATCH 22.

Anyway we had an email while we were on holiday requesting that for our visa to continue we would have to obtain medicals for the non migrating children (SLIGHT STUMBLING BLOCK THERE) anyway we found out where they were living and made the dreaded phone call, and to be honest not the reaction we thought, the EX agreed and so we sent the forms to them from USA recorded del, thought everything was OK. Got back to UK after the NY to get a phone call that the 16 yr old refused to have a medical, so this child now has a hold on our future. So we have had to get a letter from the EX stating why the child has refused and the intention never for them to be in my OH custody and we are now hoping that this will be suffice. (This now has to go to someone higher up the chain).

We are still waiting on police checks from Brunei, what a balls ache that is, for anyone who has been posted there in the last 10 yrs apply asap, you need to include the following:

1. Letter addressed to the Chief of Police in Gadong, Brunei stating why you want this information.

2. Copies of all pages of passport that was used while u were there and a current one if relevant x 2 for each person wanting the police check.

3. 2 x Postal orders for £20 per person

4. Letter to accompany this to the Brunei Embassy in UK, as it all has to go there first and then gets sent to Brunei and as we all know very famous phrase while out in Brunei "Finish already" no time frame is given.

My OH is now out and working in civvi street until this mess is cleared up, fortunately we have been allowed to stay in our Qtr but pay trespasses rent, as we are now hoping to be there for March, as the process is now 4 weeks behind. Bear in mind that we started this process of with the interview in Apr last year.

Keeping everything crossed, the army have been fantastic and have told us not to panic and things are still OK at their end.

OH cancelled his continuance as we thought everything was good to go.

Guest uksniper

Sounds like you have it all in hand. I hope it all goes to plan for you. Please let us all know how it tunrs out and thanks for sharing the info with us.

Cheers

UKSniper

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Good day today. At last (2am) this morning we got the final green light for Aus. Its been a really shakey few weeks for us as although we had a provisional offer etc (LA been applied for etc etc) they found a problem with a slight chance of no spaces on the relevant courses. (ie They may have over recruited!). Yes we still have all the paperwork to fill in and send - and we have our medicals to get through on Monday - can't wait for that!! not - we are in Cyprus so the meds etc will all have to be done by local docs........ but hey - we are over the moon to be going and are grateful for the effort the ADF people have put in for us. So all in all - a good day. BIG thanks to Angie for all your support!! Melbourne in October - here we come !!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest kaz68

we have already had our police checks done...we go june 2008....police checks came through april 2007...does this mean they b out of date.....?

Guest nev_n_angie
we have already had our police checks done...we go june 2008....police checks came through april 2007...does this mean they b out of date.....?

POlice checks need to be less than 12 months old - they will probably be OOD, but don't quote me on that - you'll need to check with immigration.

Hubbie has been asked for a further Police Check - they need one less than 3 months old for extra security checks for his job over there.

Going to send off the forms AGAIN just for him in the next week or so!

Angie

Guest kaz68

hi angie, thanks for that...i was told that it was just the visa that needed to be in the years date....great!..not!..just another set-back of i think many..hope yr oh gets his police check of under 3 months back in time, 3 sept..yr on a countdown, nearer than june 2008..we say its only about 2 tours away!! kaz x

Guest nev_n_angie

Hi Kaz

Like I said - please double check with immigration, but I'm sure I understood it that they needed to be less than 12 months old - plus, you'll need them for every Country you've lived in!!!

As for count down - it seems to be creeping up on us at the moment, but still got 3 months to go!!!!

It will come round really quickly once you become suffocated by all the paperwork!!!

Best of Luck!!

Angie

Archived