Occupational Therapy in Oz

lsto

Hi,

I have been in oz nearly two years on working holiday visas. I have 4 months left on my visa. I am trained as an Occupational Therapist but have no qualified working experience, just university placements. I would like to apply for permanent residency and wonder what visa is the best to apply for? Any advice would be much appreciated!

it is on SOL and I have applied for stage 1 for the skills assessment and it is in process. I was looking at the 189 and 190 visas but I think you need work experience to pass the points test :(

I'm sure when I got my skilled visa last year, I got points for my skill plus extra points for the amount of experience I had. If you could make the points up another way you should be ok with a 189 visa with minimal experience as long as ocupational therapist is on the skills list.

Hi,

I have been in oz nearly two years on working holiday visas. I have 4 months left on my visa. I am trained as an Occupational Therapist but have no qualified working experience, just university placements. I would like to apply for permanent residency and wonder what visa is the best to apply for? Any advice would be much appreciated!

It is quite possible you won't qualify for any permanent visa. Have you had a look to see what skills assessment entails for your occupation? Most occupations will need work experience, but you should look to see if yours is one of the very few exceptions.

Archived