The TRA Skills Assessment Guru Thread

PomCop

Hi

I am applying for Child care center manager, but in the guideline not clear for me:

"

TRA will require at least one primary source of evidence or a minimum of two

secondary sources of evidence for each year and each period of employment

being claimed. Additional evidence may also be requested.

Primary sources of evidence may include:

 Tax records that cite the name of the applicant and the employer

 Annual payment summaries/Group certificates that cite the name of the

applicant and the employer

 Pay slips that include the name of the employer, commencement date of the

employment and year to date income information

 Superannuation documents that cite the name of the applicant and the name

of the employer

 Annual/company returns (for self-employed applicants) with an accompanying

accountant statement

Secondary sources of evidence may include:

Department of Education and Training TRA Migration Skills Assessment Applicant Guidelines Page 25

 Pay slips (without details of commencement date or year to date income

information)

 Advice regarding wages paid in an employer statement (in accordance with

Section 2.8.6)

 A certified statement from your registered/certified accountant.

 Letters from taxation offices that do not contain the name of the employer

 Bank statements showing income deposited from employment.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you looked on the TRA guidelines? What skill is it for?

Hi

I am applying for Child care center manager, but in the guideline not clear for me:

"

TRA will require at least one primary source of evidence or a minimum of two

secondary sources of evidence for each year and each period of employment

being claimed. Additional evidence may also be requested.

Primary sources of evidence may include:

 Tax records that cite the name of the applicant and the employer

 Annual payment summaries/Group certificates that cite the name of the

applicant and the employer

 Pay slips that include the name of the employer, commencement date of the

employment and year to date income information

 Superannuation documents that cite the name of the applicant and the name

of the employer

 Annual/company returns (for self-employed applicants) with an accompanying

accountant statement

Secondary sources of evidence may include:

Department of Education and Training TRA Migration Skills Assessment Applicant Guidelines Page 25

 Pay slips (without details of commencement date or year to date income

information)

 Advice regarding wages paid in an employer statement (in accordance with

Section 2.8.6)

 A certified statement from your registered/certified accountant.

 Letters from taxation offices that do not contain the name of the employer

 Bank statements showing income deposited from employment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
That's correct. You need to have 3 years POST QUALIFICATION experience. Sorry for the capitals, but I wanted to stress that part.

You can however gain a Recognition Prior to Learning (RPL) which is if you have been doing the trade for 5 or more years whereby you're experience in the trade counts as the qualification. You would of course have to undertake the RPL to gain that piece of paper to evidence it!

Hope this helps. But remember, a year is nothing. I've been waiting 5 years for this and I'm still putting it off another year or two!

Hi,

With regards to this criteria:

The ANZSCO says: Skill Level 3 : Occupations at Skill Level 3 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following:

- NZ Register Level 4 qualification

- AQF Certificate IV or

- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training.

At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification

There is a suggestion that the formal, paid experience can negate the requirement for a formal qualification. There is also the suggestion that, if an AQF Level 3 I held, then 2 years of on the job training is required.

I have a few questions around this that I hope you can help with:

1) Based on UK qualifications am I correct in thinking that an AQF level 3 is equivalent to an NVQ level 2? And an AQF Level 4 equivalent to an NVQ level 3?

2) This would suggest that, if an AQF Level 4 is held, then no specific duration of 'on the job training' is required. Is that correct?

3) If an AQF Level 4 is held how much post-qualification experience is required to obtain a successful TRA Assessment?

This is in relation to the Wall and Floor Tiler ANZSCO code for context.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Hay I am a roof tiler and have an NVQ II. Not in all cases is it the equivalent to a AQF III. I didn't what to risk it and waste time so I did my AQF III with the "Down Under Center" as a recognition of prior learning. Before doing so I emailed the TRA and they couldn't guarantee that my NVQ was enough.

Thanks for the reply mate.

Did you have the 2 years of on the job training that an AQF3 requires?

And, how much post-qualification experience did you have to reference in your RPL? If you don't mind me asking.

I am about to undertake an intensive NVQ Level 3 Wall and Floor Tiling course and would like to ultimately use it towards a visa. I know that will be a few years away as I will need formal post-qualification experience to support the application/assessment, and also need to hope that the occupation remains on the SOL of course.

The TRA request You have 3 years of post qualification so if you do your NVQ 3 you wouldn't get a positive TRA assessment until 2019. I have been roofing for 13 years they take 3 year of that for "training " how long have you been tiling?

I thought it would still be the standard 3 years of experience required, but 2019 is fine (hoping it remains on the SOL of course).

I actually don't have any experience. Complete career change! Starting off with an intensive course to get some qualifications.

• 2 months later...
http://www.downundercentre.com/australian-skill-assessments

Speak to Wes Zandt at the Down Under Centre.

The DUC is the location in the UK which can assess your competencies as a carpenter with a view to issuing an AQF Certificate III, through the delegated body called the ACTS.

Best regards.

But what about the years of experience after receiving the Certificate 3

We've tried 2 different migration offices in the Netherlands (because we are Dutch) but, their conclusion was that I am not eligible for a skilled permanent visa,because the lack of construction experience after finishing school. I have started my studycarpentry level 3 back in 1998 and have over 15 years' experience but couldn't finish it because of certaincircumstances, therefore I have finished it recently.They said that we're not eligible for skilled visa cause the years of experience start counting after one finishes their study.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me about my occupation I.e. (342311) businesses equipment trade worker.

I m from India which is having offshore skill assessment RTO.

But my occupation is not given on their list  then I think I have to assess my skills from TRA migration skill Assessment Australia.

But some agent told me about offshore skill assessment I am not sure what to do.

• 1 year later...

Hi all, i want to appy for ict customer support officer skills assessment from TRA. My education qualification is bachelors in electrical technology. Has anyone got positive assessment from tra with similar qualification which is not so relevant to the occupation? Pls share ur experiences