Advice for partner visa

Isabelle

Hello !

I am very stressed at the moment trying to sort out a visa application and be able to finally start life in aus !

So this is my situation : my fiancé is australia we met in 2012 and started living together in dec 2012 . We've been back and forth living in England and Australia over the last 3 years . He went back to aus in May and I'm looking to join him permanently . I'm looking for advice if I should lodge a PMV or a partner visa . With the pmv I won't be able to live with him for ages but it requires less evidence I believe ? Wtb the partner visa I can move over next month and apply onshore so this seems appealing . However I don't know if I have eneough evidence because we have just lived at my parents or friends and been travelling . Any opinions would be greatly appperciated !!!

Hi, I think you may find it hard to collect all the documents required for the partner visa if you haven't got evidence of living together 12 months prior to lodging your application. I was in a similar situation to you in 2011 and I applied for the partner visa but it got rejected after waiting a year processing time because I couldn't provide the evidence required. If you do plan to get married the pmv is your best bet and whilst your waiting you could go to Aus on a visitor visa, although you wouldn't be able to work. It's a lot of money to lose if your not 100% confident you meet the criteria

Hi, I think you may find it hard to collect all the documents required for the partner visa if you haven't got evidence of living together 12 months prior to lodging your application. I was in a similar situation to you in 2011 and I applied for the partner visa but it got rejected after waiting a year processing time because I couldn't provide the evidence required. If you do plan to get married the pmv is your best bet and whilst your waiting you could go to Aus on a visitor visa, although you wouldn't be able to work. It's a lot of money to lose if your not 100% confident you meet the criteria

Thank you advice is really appreciated

Hello !

I am very stressed at the moment trying to sort out a visa application and be able to finally start life in aus !

So this is my situation : my fiancé is australia we met in 2012 and started living together in dec 2012 . We've been back and forth living in England and Australia over the last 3 years . He went back to aus in May and I'm looking to join him permanently . I'm looking for advice if I should lodge a PMV or a partner visa . With the pmv I won't be able to live with him for ages but it requires less evidence I believe ? Wtb the partner visa I can move over next month and apply onshore so this seems appealing . However I don't know if I have eneough evidence because we have just lived at my parents or friends and been travelling . Any opinions would be greatly appperciated !!!

The PMV does require less evidence -there is no requirement at all for cohabiting, but you do have to get married and apply for the Spouse Visa itself within 9 months of the grant.

Archived