820/809 partner visa - evidence

naomi1990

Hi, I am about to submit my application for the de-facto partner visa, and I know that I can't upload evidence yet. When I do submit it though can I just start uploading stuff right away or wait to be asked?

Also I know that I will need statements from people, again do I wait to be asked to get them or can I get them straight away - and how should people write them/lay out of the statements.

thaaaaaanks :-)

Hi, I am about to submit my application for the de-facto partner visa, and I know that I can't upload evidence yet. When I do submit it though can I just start uploading stuff right away or wait to be asked?

Also I know that I will need statements from people, again do I wait to be asked to get them or can I get them straight away - and how should people write them/lay out of the statements.

We've just done Stage 2 of the Defacto Partner visa. We were given a month to upload all the documents - the Case Officer kindly supplied a list of what was missing - and the visa was granted 24 hours after we submitted it all.

You've probably got a bit of a longer wait for Stage 1 though... :wink:

For the statements from family and friends you have to use Form 888 from the Immi website and it has to be witnessed. Good luck! :smile:

Ask people for the statements asap honestly you will be surprised how long it can take some people to get round to doing them and returning them to you.