Subclass 600 Recurring

homer911

We have just applied for our 457 visa and want my mother in law to live with us...

Is there an easy and cheap wsy to get her over here? She is 65 and would be willing to sell her house (£250,000) and buy over in Sydney.

I see that there is subclass 600 but must be renewed every 3/6/12 months.

can this visa be continuely renewed? indefinitely?

Anyone have any Experience with this one?

We have just applied for our 457 visa and want my mother in law to live with us...

Is there an easy and cheap wsy to get her over here? She is 65 and would be willing to sell her house (£250,000) and buy over in Sydney.

I see that there is subclass 600 but must be renewed every 3/6/12 months.

can this visa be continuely renewed? indefinitely?

Anyone have any Experience with this one?

No absolutely not. Tourist visas are for tourists not for living in Australia long term. Sufficient gaps need to be spent outside the country in-between tourist visas and even then if it is suspected that she is not a tourist then she could be turned away at the door. Long holidays are the only option in this scenario.

Long holidays? So what are my options? Could she stay out for 12 months pop to nz and get another visa stamped on atrival as a visitor?

There is no easy option for your mum other than long holidays but sufficient gaps need to be left between visas (so no she cannot expect to just hop to NZ and come straight back) and if she is deemed to be attempting to live in Australia, then she could be refused entry. I am aware I am repeating what I said in my previous post, but that really is it.

As for more difficult options, well there is a retirement visa but it does require significant finances, it is not something I would do personally, but you can read about it here:

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/405-

Also, if you obtain permanent residency, then down the line, the parent visa may become an option (depending on whether there are any other children).

Paid off?? Not sure whatever you mean. Do you mean layed off? Everyone has that risk.

Yes I think AJ meant laid off. It is a risk for everyone, but it s a bigger risk for a 457 visa holder because it means the holder may very well need to leave the country.

Paid off?? Not sure whatever you mean. Do you mean layed off? Everyone has that risk.
Yes they do but if you lose your job on a 457 you only have 90 days to find a new sponsor or you have to leave the country. it is a temporary visa afterall. Previously you have said you are applying for a 186. So are you already here on a 457? Regardless, your mother cant keep renewing 600's and you will have to be permanent for 2 years before you could sponsor for a parent visa

As the others have said, while you're on a 457 visa the best your MIL can hope for is tourist visas. She may be able to get 12-month ones, but these may require her to leave every 3 months and then re-enter, and getting a new visa at the end may require her to leave for 6 months before a new one would be granted. So she shouldn't be selling the house yet.

Once you get your 186 visa, she could look at the parent visas if she meets the balance of family test. Parent visas are either reasonably priced ($3870) but horrendously long processing times (30 years), or reasonably quick (18-24 months) but horrendously expensive ($50K)

Archived