Private Number plates

AJ

We have seen a Private number plate for sale which is my daughters name, it is an unusual spelling and would like to buy it for her and keep it till she is old enough to drive if we can

Does anyone know if this is possible or if you dont pay rego do you lose the number. Also do you just pay once for the plate and its yours?

Or can anyone tell me where I can find out thanks

quote from their site....

[h=2]Are the plates mine for life?[/h]We understand that our plates are a fun and very personal way to add some individual flair to your vehicle. No doubt you've put much time and effort into deciding on your combination and we'd like you to keep that combination for as long as you like. However, it's important to remember that there's also a serious legal side to plate ownership. This means that at certain stages during their lifetime you may need to do certain things to ensure that you don't lose or accidentally transfer your rights.

Provided you keep us informed if your plates are not attached to your car for longer than six months, you don't accidentally on-sell your plates with an old vehicle, and your plates do not need to be recalled, your plates will be yours for life.

My advice would be to avoid custom number plates - always. They are bogan. Plus, if you get a plate with an unusual name on it, people will assume it is an approximation of the real spelling (bogan and cheap), or if they know the unusual spelling is real, it will be a bogan plate for a bogan name.

Sorry, just telling it like it is.

My advice would be to avoid custom number plates - always. They are bogan. Plus, if you get a plate with an unusual name on it, people will assume it is an approximation of the real spelling (bogan and cheap), or if they know the unusual spelling is real, it will be a bogan plate for a bogan name.

Sorry, just telling it like it is.

Excuse me I am not Bogan or Cheap, my daughter does not have an unusual bogan name. Maybe thats what you think but I am sure not everyone shares your opinion. You do not know my daughters name. You are entitled to your opinion and I to mine, You are not telling it like it is just what your opinion is.Just because you form an opinion of someone on the basis of a numberplate does not mean everyone does!

Fair enough - but plenty of people will reach the same conclusion as me. Just something to be aware of.
To be honest I really dont care what narrow minded people like you think. I do not judge a person on the basis of what they have or what they are wearing or how much money they have,or not even having met them. maybe you should do the same!

Archived