Occupation not available in state - how?

hazelg

A bit of advise needed -

Hoping to migrate to Australia under visa 190 as both my husband and my occupation falls under CSOL list. However, we couldn't find any state with our jobs in the occupation list. Does that mean we cannot apply/submit EOI?

I intend to apply under ANZSCO 311411 Chemistry Technician (have been working in a chemical testing lab for abt 8 years), while my husband will probably apply under ANZSCO 225411 Technical Sales Rep (worked as in Sales for abt 8 years).

Do we wait until our jobs come out in the occupation list, or can we submit EOI anyway?

Trying to do this on our own without migration agents. Any help appreciated.

A bit of advise needed -

Hoping to migrate to Australia under visa 190 as both my husband and my occupation falls under CSOL list. However, we couldn't find any state with our jobs in the occupation list. Does that mean we cannot apply/submit EOI?

I intend to apply under ANZSCO 311411 Chemistry Technician (have been working in a chemical testing lab for abt 8 years), while my husband will probably apply under ANZSCO 225411 Technical Sales Rep (worked as in Sales for abt 8 years).

Do we wait until our jobs come out in the occupation list, or can we submit EOI anyway?

Trying to do this on our own without migration agents. Any help appreciated.

There is no point submitting an EOI if there is no chance of getting state sponsorship. It looks to me like the SA 80 points route is the only possibility, do you have 80 points?

Otherwise your options are to wait, yes, but bear in mind the occupations might well never come on the regular state sponsorship lists. The other option is employer sponsorship, but this is very hard for most people - do either of you work for an international company and transfer is an option?

There is no point submitting an EOI if there is no chance of getting state sponsorship. It looks to me like the SA 80 points route is the only possibility, do you have 80 points?

Otherwise your options are to wait, yes, but bear in mind the occupations might well never come on the regular state sponsorship lists. The other option is employer sponsorship, but this is very hard for most people - do either of you work for an international company and transfer is an option?

Thanks.. Guess my chance is with SA 80 points.. I have registered to take IELTS - hopefully can get high band to secure the 80 points. I might just be able to get 80 points total, if my IELTS and work experience can contribute to the points.. fingers crossed.

Another thing is, I have about 8 years experience in a laboratory (my last job), but I have not been employed the last one and half years (stayed home, took care of kids) - will this affect my skills assessment / application? If my chances is low, I guess my husband should be the one to submit EOI? We have thought of submitting EOI separately to secure higher chance to getting the visa. He's in the same boat - will have to take SA 80 points route, it seems...

Thanks for all the feedback

Thanks.. Guess my chance is with SA 80 points.. I have registered to take IELTS - hopefully can get high band to secure the 80 points. I might just be able to get 80 points total, if my IELTS and work experience can contribute to the points.. fingers crossed.

Another thing is, I have about 8 years experience in a laboratory (my last job), but I have not been employed the last one and half years (stayed home, took care of kids) - will this affect my skills assessment / application? If my chances is low, I guess my husband should be the one to submit EOI? We have thought of submitting EOI separately to secure higher chance to getting the visa. He's in the same boat - will have to take SA 80 points route, it seems...

Thanks for all the feedback

Do get your points assessed by a professional - 80 would be very unusual.

Archived