Requirements for NSW State sponsorship

terry3218

Hi everyone. Please just let me know if I am correct regarding the requirements of NSW State sponsorship.

From surfing there website, I have figured out that there is no experience requirement if you have occupation listed on NSW SOL. Am I correct?

States - but you still need to pass the skills assessment for your occupation. The state lists are just lists that they are willing to sponsor - you must still comply with the normal federal immigration rules

Thanks for replying. I already have positive skills assessment from relevant assessing authority.

Hi everyone. Please just let me know if I am correct regarding the requirements of NSW State sponsorship.

From surfing there website, I have figured out that there is no experience requirement if you have occupation listed on NSW SOL. Am I correct?

Anyone else?

Indeed, there is no experience requirement. But they have a strange process. First I submitted EOI for 190 with NSW a s preferred state, in ~1 week NSW sent me an confirmation they are interested in my skill/application and asking to pay the nomination fee and submit for NSW nomination, 5 weeks later I received the actual nomination and invitation to apply for visa.

Indeed, there is no experience requirement. But they have a strange process. First I submitted EOI for 190 with NSW a s preferred state, in ~1 week NSW sent me an confirmation they are interested in my skill/application and asking to pay the nomination fee and submit for NSW nomination, 5 weeks later I received the actual nomination and invitation to apply for visa.

OK thanks sorry for sounding like a newbie(which I am). But what happens if you don't receive an invitation from the state but you still meet the normal immigration requirements? Do you still stand a chance for being invited under independent visa?

thanks again. And from your experience and knowledge, what are the chances of getting an invite for accountant with 65 points(including 5 for state nomination) or 60 points (before an invitation/sponsorship from state), for 190 visa?

Archived