Do I return to UK with daughters or stay in Oz in unhappy marriage

Brixhamite

Im in such a dilemma, I just don't know what to do. My eldest daughter ( from a previous relationship) is in the UK and has just found out she is pregnant. I feel so homesick, even more so now. I'm in WA with my husband and our 2 daughters. I'm thinking of leaving my husband, I'm so unhappy and desperately want to return to the UK with our daughters. Any advise would be gratefully appreciated, I'm at my wits end

Have you spoke to your husband and chatted to him about it all ? Do you have a nice circle of friends or at least you can chat too ? Maybe see if just you coming back to the UK for a short holiday when baby is born might be a good thing, so you have to go back to Aussie for the girls, or maybe see if your daughter wants to come to you and her partner

Your biggest problem is probably that he won't let you leave with your girls - few men actually give permission and the Family Court will demand that you stay.

When a marriage seems to be careering headlong towards a rocky shore it's always a wise move to try counselling before you go aground. You never know your luck, there might be a good compromise situation which you could handle.

Good luck! At the end of the day it's your life to live as best you can I hope it all works out for you!

Your biggest problem is probably that he won't let you leave with your girls - few men actually give permission and the Family Court will demand that you stay.

When a marriage seems to be careering headlong towards a rocky shore it's always a wise move to try counselling before you go aground. You never know your luck, there might be a good compromise situation which you could handle.

Good luck! At the end of the day it's your life to live as best you can I hope it all works out for you!

Good words of advice. You need some time to re evaluate everything. If you didn't have a UK daughter, pregnant or otherwise - what would you do?

Yes, my first thought was would he let you take your daughters back, if not then I'm afraid there is virtually nothing you can do.

I would work towards you all going back as a family and then if your marriage was to breakdown then at least you would be in the UK - he would be free to return but could not take your daughters with him.

There is a sticky thread on here about people in your situation, I will see if I can find it for you.

Archived