Brisbane or Gold Coast for carpenter work?

Dnursey1980

Hi, we are heading to the Gold Coast beginning of November after are house sale has gone through,my husband is a carpenter. We was wondering is there much work in Gold Coast or Brisbane,also is it worth contacting people via the Internet for jobs before we get out there? Also how much is the going rate for carpenters? Is it worth sending out tools or selling and buying new?

You are going to find work in either of those loctations, but remember when people talk about Brisbane they tend to mean the greater Brisbane area which includes surrounding districts/towns. also being a carpenter then he will most likely have to travel depending where the job site is so settling somewhere more central may be a better option.

I work in construction and therefore jobsites are spread out, but general from where we live I can get to most with-in the hour, Gold Coast, City, Redcliffe, & Ipswich that is, but living nearer the motorway at say Cornubia or Rochedale would speed things up.

Yep bring your tools, but doubtful you will get work prior to arriving, you may even find it dis-heartening if you do try.

Good luck.