NO "no further stay" on visitor visa - intend to apply parent visa

immu999

Hi,I'll appreciate if someone can guide me on applying parent visa onshore on below circumstances.

- we meet the family test

- my mother is currently on

-shore on a visitor visa visiting second time with NO "no further stay"

- my father is off-shore- one dependent less than 18 is on-shore with on a visitor visa with "no further stay".

Question is: If my mother applies a non-contributory parent visa, will she be able to add my father and a dependent on her application? She obviously cannot live without the dependent.

If she cant do above. Is there a way she will be able to apply non contributory parent visa on-shore and get other family members on board?

Contributory parent visa is currently out of affordability to us.Regards,

Is she thinking of the aged parent visa? Because the other non contributory visa is an offshore visa

Hi,

She does not meet age requirement for that.

I think non contributory visa can be applied on-shore also. ?

Hi,

She does not meet age requirement for that.

I think non contributory visa can be applied on-shore also. ?

Yes it can be applied for onshore, but it is not an "onshore visa", so no bridging visa will be available. As such, with one dependent not in the country and the other not allowed to apply for a visa onshore, she might as well wait until the end of the holiday and then apply from home. Although I am not sure it even worth the application fee for a 30 year wait?

As far as I know, it doesn't matter if she's in Australia or not when she applies as this is treated as an off-shore visa regardless (no bridging visa is given). She could include your father and dependent. I'm not sure if the dependent needs to meet the criteria of dependency at time of application or decision, so it's possible the dependent won't get a visa due to the long processing time.

As far as I know, it doesn't matter if she's in Australia or not when she applies as this is treated as an off-shore visa regardless (no bridging visa is given). She could include your father and dependent. I'm not sure if the dependent needs to meet the criteria of dependency at time of application or decision, so it's possible the dependent won't get a visa due to the long processing time.

You are right, the dependent child will not get a visa as they will not be dependent in 30 years time.

How can your mother apply for an on shore parent visa when she's on a visitor visa? The intention to stay would break her visitor visa conditions and nothing else than asking this forum how to outwit the immigration system

If there is NO "no further stay" on your visa, it truly and by all legal means states that she can apply for any other visa on-shore. There are different conditions on every visa which we are discussing on this forum.

If immigration has not put the condition, they obviously would have a reason to do it.

I hope it is clear to you now.

Yes it can be applied for onshore, but it is not an "onshore visa", so no bridging visa will be available. As such, with one dependent not in the country and the other not allowed to apply for a visa onshore, she might as well wait until the end of the holiday and then apply from home. Although I am not sure it even worth the application fee for a 30 year wait?

Its certainly not worth waiting for so long. However what she can avail on NO "no further stay" is the thing which I wanted to know.

You are right, the dependent child will not get a visa as they will not be dependent in 30 years time.

Thanks Bungo and Maggie.

I also doubt it. Then dependent would then be more more than 45 and she would definitely not be considered as a dependent.

How about if we apply a contributory visa and add dependent on it. Visa process will take 18-24 months and by then she would cross 18 years of age. Wil she be considered as a dependent and will get the visa? Or they will look at her age on the time of grant?

Its certainly not worth waiting for so long. However what she can avail on NO "no further stay" is the thing which I wanted to know.

In some ways it is irrelevant whether it says no further stay or not, I guess she can apply slightly sooner but that is about it. The parent visa is an offshore visa and there is no bridging visa to be had, no matter where she is when she applies.

Thanks Bungo and Maggie.

I also doubt it. Then dependent would then be more more than 45 and she would definitely not be considered as a dependent.

How about if we apply a contributory visa and add dependent on it. Visa process will take 18-24 months and by then she would cross 18 years of age. Wil she be considered as a dependent and will get the visa? Or they will look at her age on the time of grant?

She could still be dependent over the age of 18 if she's in school full time or otherwise fully dependent on her parents. The cost of the contributory parent visas for 2 adults + dependent would push well over $100,000 though which is usually the reason people don't consider it.

Archived