Hi folks , new to this forum, going to Australia next year, anyone else ? :)

Hi everyone, just joined this and totally new to forums ! but basically my girlfriend and i are going to travel and work in Australia next year, was hoping to meet some like minded folk with the same idea.

Thought it might be best to do some research and get as prepared as possible.

Weather is miserable in the UK afterall !

Scott

Yeah, I could probably have a long holiday too but i'm just having a week and then I want to find work or else i'll run out of money and panic lol. Haha well... I applied last year for my visa and then didn't have enough money to go because I lost my job so I have to let it expire. so second time lucky! what about you?

cool i have seen a couple of package working holiday things. does that help you looking for work and that .? im sure you will fond work no problem.

2 hours thats crazy i might just apply when i get a more solid idea of when we want to go .

because as soon its approved is it active and you have a year to get over and activate it ?

just joined and its 57,839th question ha ha

Nah to be honest I would never have normally have signed up for one. I was quite happy to do it alone but I got chatting to some girls from england who are doing it and I ended up signing up. Probably wasn't the best idea money wise but never mind! It's actually got some cool trips included like a 2 night camp in port Stephens with 4wd and sand boarding, dolphin cruise, a sydney harbour cruise for the day and a few other things. So it's not too bad. Other than it including a few training courses like my RSA which I need to serve alcohol and my bar skills course and membership for a job site I doubt it'll help me with work. I think it'll just be a case of going around all the shops and cafes etc and hoping I eventually get something. Otherwise I'll au pair for a family

Yeah don't apply till you're absolutely sure you are going - don't make my mistake haha. Yeah once it's approved you have a year to get to Australia and then once it's been activated you have a year in the country

hi there. we were talking about maybe march/april time but not 100% to be honest. whats your plans when you go over work straight away ? :cool:

I'm going to do a two week 'holiday' in Sydney then i'm just going to go where ever my feet take me and look for work on the way. I'm hoping to meet some people, maybe in the hostel or something, that will be looking to do the same.

Ah cool so you have a little while then to get all excited about it :D

that sounds really good at least you have some sort of plan when you go and everything your doing sounds brilliant . i didnt know you needed that to serve alcohol, learning already on this forum ! haha. you sound like your prepared anyway.

thats cool i thought that was the case, do you have accomadation sorted ?

that sounds really good at least you have some sort of plan when you go and everything your doing sounds brilliant . i didnt know you needed that to serve alcohol, learning already on this forum ! haha. you sound like your prepared anyway.

thats cool i thought that was the case, do you have accomadation sorted ?

Yeah it's like a personal licence type thing. The package sounds alright doesn't it, still a bit of a rip off but never mind im booked on it now. It includes some food and drink too and a party bus too haha. I'm not looking very forward to the party bus though! I've got my first weeks accommodation with that package but I'll have to look for somewhere else after that

that sounds good, are you just heading over yourself ? what kind of work are you hoping to get ?

yeah time to get excited and time to try and save as much money as possible ! haha

Yeah just me! I don't want anything too stressful as my job here is pretty stressful, so I want it to actually be a working holiday haha I'm looking to do bark work or cafe work. I just need to pay my way. I'm 25 and have worked since i was 16 in stressful jobs(whilst going through college and uni as well) now i'm looking forward to having a bit of fun with it. :-)

Yes definitley save, I've got a budget app on my ipad that helps me track every penny, that means i can see where i'm overspending... I've never been a budgeter before haha.

of course not just work all the time and a wee break here and there ha ha . quite right im lucky that we both want to go tougeher i dont think i could go myself to much of a worrier ha ha.

im going to save all i possibly can after my holiday , but im never going to budget lol would end up falling out with mysef :biglaugh:

I get travel sick and claustrophobic so it's not a good mix for me :laugh: I'll see how I feel, if im really not keen then I won't go on it. I'm honestly not sure - probably book another week in a hostel and then if I can find work I'll rent. I don't want to rent and then find that I can't get work. Or if I can find a nice family to au pair then I'll do that. If I can't find any work I'll have to move on because sydney is expensive

Hi guys

I'm also a newbie and hoping to emigrate next springtime. haven't decided what part of oz I prefer yet it's all so lovely. Anybody living in a beautiful child friendly spot they would recommend. I will be travelling with my son and would need to be near good schools and somewhere not too pricey! It all looks a tad expensive over there, is it that bad? The cost of living is scaring me a bit to be honest......any advice? Suzanne

of course not just work all the time and a wee break here and there ha ha . quite right im lucky that we both want to go tougeher i dont think i could go myself to much of a worrier ha ha.

im going to save all i possibly can after my holiday , but im never going to budget lol would end up falling out with mysef :biglaugh:

Haha Aw bless, I never thought I would go on my own but I can't wait now. It'll be loads of fun to share it with someone though :smile:

Lol I know what you mean, I hate budgeting!! Not doing too bad at the minute though lol