RRV possible issues?

feda16

My partner was granted a RRV in 2014 to return to Australia in which we had done but only stayed for 3 months before returning to the UK. We had returned to the UK on a bit of a whim due to surrounding circumstances of myself being homesick and being totally under prepared for what to expect from Brisbane. Now over a year later we have thought about returning but thinking of a return to Victoria state as this would be cooler. Our issue is this, would my partner be likely to have a RRV granted again? Would i be able to achieve a work permit again (Time served gas engineer)? She has a twin sister in Brisbane and her father (citizen) lives in Victoria, would this be grounds for her to achieve a successful applicant?

She might do, there is really only one way to find out for sure and that it to apply and see. Twin sister and father in Australia will definitely help her application.

As for yourself, I am not sure what you mean by a "work permit" though. Australia does not have work permits, it issues visas, which one were you on last time? You may well be eligible for a visa, but probably the skilled migrant visa which is quite a long and can be drawn out process.

The main question though, is why bother? She has had a five year visa and then a one year visa and not used it. You went once and were homesick. Maybe Australia just isn't for you?

My partner was educated in Oz and came back to the UK for the health care that she required and that is how she sort of ended up back here. As for myself being homesick, i came from a small close knit town and felt like i missed that when i left, however took a gamble and moved to a Scottish city when i moved back to the UK and having spent a year here working things out for ourselves i felt this "homesickness" was perhaps all in my head. I could try skilled migration or a working visa whilst im there working towards a skilled migrant?

My partner was educated in Oz and came back to the UK for the health care that she required and that is how she sort of ended up back here. As for myself being homesick, i came from a small close knit town and felt like i missed that when i left, however took a gamble and moved to a Scottish city when i moved back to the UK and having spent a year here working things out for ourselves i felt this "homesickness" was perhaps all in my head. I could try skilled migration or a working visa whilst im there working towards a skilled migrant?

If your partner can get a RRV then they can sponsor you for a Spouse Visa

I could try skilled migration or a working visa whilst im there working towards a skilled migrant?

You can't apply for a visa whilst you are there, well only a second visa, but you need a visa to get there in the first place. Indeed partner visa looks like the sensible one, but it does take quite a long time at the moment, 10 months and possibly more.

Archived