Schools

Guest padliz

Guest padliz

Hi

Can anyone tell me if you were going to Australia on a working visa could you put your children into school for that time or can you only do it on the basis that you are moving there permanently.

Thanks Liz

I have a feeling that they would be classed as international students and so you could expect to be paying about $10,000+ in fees per year but I do recall reading somewhere that they could be enrolled.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Laura G

When you say Working Visa, do you mean Working Holiday visa (417) or sponsored Visa (457)?

Dependants can not be included on a 417 Visa and the applicant must be aged between 18-31. This is only a temporary visa and allows you to stay for 1 year, you can apply for a second year as long as you go into a rural area and perform work (Fruit Picking for example). This work must be evidenced by your employer.

If you refer to a 457 visa (Sponsored) all children aged 5+ must be enrolled into School as part of your visa conditions, School fees are free in WA, QLD and VIC

Laura

When you say Working Visa, do you mean Working Holiday visa (417) or sponsored Visa (457)?

Dependants can not be included on a 417 Visa and the applicant must be aged between 18-31. This is only a temporary visa and allows you to stay for 1 year, you can apply for a second year as long as you go into a ruaul area and perform work (Fruit Picking for example). This work must be evidenced by your employer.

If you refer top a 457 visa (Sponsored) all children aged 5+ must be enrolled into School as part of your visa conditions, School fees are free in WA, QLD and VIC

Laura

Good point Laura, I was reading that as Working Holiday - dunno why I did that!

Archived