UK card blocked/stopped abroad

JoanneC

Hi there

I'm a journalist and I'm looking for people to conduct short interviews with who have had their UK debit or credit cards either stopped, blocked or swallowed while travelling abroad. It doesn't matter whether this happened in Australia, or somewhere else.

I'm looking to find out how it affected your trip, and how easy it was for you to get the situation rectified with your bank.

The story is for a British financial magazine. If you're interested in telling me your story, please PM me.

Thanks very much

Joanne

Joanne Christie - Home

My mum had her card stopped when she came to oz to vist last year, she had even informed them of her trip prior so this woudnt happen, she rang her bank from oz and they were useless. I will pass on this link to her she may contact you

Guest sheena

hi ya, i had my card stopped a couple of weeks ago, had to ring england and spoke to the fraud squad!! but just asked me a few questions and all well again!!

sheena

Guest Pinhead

This was covered on Watchdog a couple of weeks ago. It's down to the banks introducing automatic (computerised) checks on the usage of peoples card abroad. Even if you tell them you are going abroad it can still happen.

The advise is to give your bank a mobile number that you will be taking with you so that they can phone you on it to check usage immediately it happens.

Archived