Possibly heading back to uk next year

Neil Partner

Hi maybe some one could help if been in similar situation.moved from London to Perth safety bay over three years ago and sold garden co and gave back council house in Putney.

have two children here and wife and a child who is 16 in uk.

loved it here in some ways mainly weather and water and beaches.

but really been unsettled on and off since I have been here.wife more settled and full time job.

I have garden co and keeping busy with that and children.

Generally miss daughter and family and friends,although have made plenty here,but not as many and fairly new friends.Also really missed history and culture stuff,although I know there is stuff around if travel about.

thinking of heading back after I get citizenship in March.

finding it hard not to project on future and what to do ,like where to move and what will it be like?

Any one done similar and settled okay.

Would like to do before daughter is 11,which is around two yrs?:wink: Regards Ned.

What do you really want Ned? We all can't really help you until you know what you want. From the brief reading above, you want to go home.

Fair enough. But are you that displeased with you wife to go???????????????? No one here will judge, hopefully just help. All the best.

Hi maybe some one could help if been in similar situation.moved from London to Perth safety bay over three years ago and sold garden co and gave back council house in Putney.

but really been unsettled on and off since I have been here.wife more settled and full time job.

Generally miss daughter and family and friends,although have made plenty here,but not as many and fairly new friends.Also really missed history and culture stuff,although I know there is stuff around if travel about.

finding it hard not to project on future and what to do ,like where to move and what will it be like?

Would like to do before daughter is 11,which is around two yrs?:wink: Regards Ned.

Plenty of people have moved back and have been fine. I presume one issue you will have to address is where to move back to as I imagine that council houses in Putney are worth their weight in gold so it may be very hard to resettle near to where you were before. Are you flexible about locations when you return?

Plenty of people have moved back and have been fine. I presume one issue you will have to address is where to move back to as I imagine that council houses in Putney are worth their weight in gold so it may be very hard to resettle near to where you were before. Are you flexible about locations when you return?

Yes I know that area is not possible,will have to relocate in new area and buy new place out of London,and start new garden co.but will just be easier to see family .

Yes I know that area is not possible,will have to relocate in new area and buy new place out of London,and start new garden co.but will just be easier to see family .

How did you find moving back? Took a few months to settle in.

was you in Perth or different area

and was it similar reasons

What do you really want Ned? We all can't really help you until you know what you want. From the brief reading above, you want to go home.

Fair enough. But are you that displeased with you wife to go???????????????? No one here will judge, hopefully just help. All the best.

my wife is more settled than me and loves it,but she has her family out for few months each year.

i have visited uk each year,just seems a long time not seeing others.

A whole forum full of people that have moved back to the UK. What is your dilemma? Does your wife want to move back or would she be willing to I mean?

Can you please clarify, when you say go back in March do you mean all your family including your wife? Is she happy to go back?

Also you say before you daughter turns 11, which is two years. But you are talking about March which is 9 months.?

Do you have a good relationship with your eldest daughter back in England? Do you get on with the mother of your child in England as obviously you will be in a lot more contact

with her over there than here?

How would you family here fit back into the family dynamic back in England? That is assuming your wife wishes to return also.

Can you please clarify, when you say go back in March do you mean all your family including your wife? Is she happy to go back?

Also you say before you daughter turns 11, which is two years. But you are talking about March which is 9 months.?

Do you have a good relationship with your eldest daughter back in England? Do you get on with the mother of your child in England as obviously you will be in a lot more contact

How would you family here fit back into the family dynamic back in England? That is assuming your wife wishes to return also.

I think the OP means that if he moves back he would want to do it before his Daughter turns 11 (I would presume she is now 9), and that he doesn't plan to move until after March once he's done his Citizenship.

OP - please remember also that Citizenship takes months to complete (possibly 6-12), so this would leave being able to move back until after at least October 2016.

Good luck with your decision, we are all here to try and help.

Sorry we can get citizenship in March and we are all over in uk in January,my daughter is here in a week for a hols.i found moving from family,friends quite tough and out of London,we are In safety bay,although we thought about moving more central like Freemantle or Perth?

yes it's hard,not sure what it would be like living back there,but I am sure we would fit in some place.

things and feelings may change over next year?who knows.:twitcy:

Archived