Medicare card expired already a pr

bwatt99

I'm on or visa and qualified for 5 year Medicare card,wife who I met after I got my visa got her visa through me and she got a 1 year Medicare card followed by another 1 year card when we arrived 2 years ago.

We took it for granted that her new Medicare card would be posted out but it's not been as as she is now or from July 2014 and cause her card is expired she needs to take her passport,visa grant letter and fill in an application.

I find it crazy that she has to do so after being with Medicare last 2 years and pretty annoying that we had to find out by calling them no letter or call or anything to explain what she needed to do.

If we had kept waiting and never asked where her card was she would never know.

Now that she has to apply for it again what forms does she need to fill in?i suppose she can do these at Medicare place or can we print out forms and fill them in advance.

As my wife and daughter are on a different visa to me as I was granted before I met wife they have had Medicare cards seperate from me my current one expires 2018.

Is it possible to have us all under same Medicare card or do we get different ones?are there advantages or not by having seperate Medicare cards?

As said mine has another 3years yet on it but we need to get her one and my daughters one ASAP so I need some info on best way to go about it as in which forms we need and as said I keep mine as is and wife and daughter gets there own.thanks

That's the way it is unfortunately. When I was on a bridging visa they would only issue them for two months stretches and I had to re fill the forms out each time. I was on that visa for 18 months! I used to wait until I needed the Dr then go in to Medicare afterwards with my receipts.

When my daughter was born they just didn't send out a card for her. When I phoned up five weeks after applying they said they had all the forms, just nobody had issued it. :-/

As long as you all have PR there should be no problem getting you all on the same card.

As I said I already have card wife and daughter has expired and if it's worth all having same cards or they get there own as I still have three years left on mine just wondered if there was any reason to cancel mine and all have same card.

Add them onto your card, it will probably be the easiest way. If the wife only hsa a temp visa im not sure they will allow it though, so she may need her own for now, definately check with 2 different people (youd be surprised how often the answer from them varies depending on who you speak to,lol)

Cal x

Add them onto your card, it will probably be the easiest way. If the wife only hsa a temp visa im not sure they will allow it though, so she may need her own for now, definately check with 2 different people (youd be surprised how often the answer from them varies depending on who you speak to,lol)

Cal x

I think i already mentioned in my post she had been on partner visa for first 2 years but got here pr last july and now medicare card is expired thinking one would be sent out she has to now show her pr,passport and fill in her application. So im wondering what options if i have me already having a 5 yr medicare card which she probably quality for now. Or are they best to have on medicare card?not sure of thr benefits of having all same medicare card vs our own if thats possible