Vetassess

Dan Jade

Hi All,On Monday I will be completing the application for the skills assessment.I am choosing to do an online application.... i hope that the process is as easy as they say on the website?I am nervous about the uploading of my documents incase i have to many & what if they can't read it?It has taken me a good 4 months to get everything together & now once its submitted there isn't a lot else I can do :( So nervous incase I don't get a positive assessment.....Has anybody else recently done this?

Hi Dan Jade

I was led to believe that we could apply online and upload our documents also but as it turns out you can only submit the application form online, you then have to print the application form, sign it, and post the whole lot to Aus. My husband is applying for auto electrician assessment so maybe this only applies to his trade or all trade occupations? I don't know.

Angela

Hi Dan Jade,

I did it around Oct last year and did not have any problem with the online form. I think it is quite straightforward, even for a non English native speaker like me. You can also attach all documents online, there is no need to send them via post. Be prepared that it could take up to 10-11 weeks until you get the result.

The process may be different for different occupations but this is what VETASSESS told us...Thank you for your email.

You are required to post originally certified copies of your documentation/evidence to our office in Melbourne, Australia.

There is no option to upload your documentation online.

The application form is online, but you are to then print the application, sign it; then post all originally certified documents to us (including 2 passport photos, passport bio page ect).

Kind regards,

Amy Stephenson

Administration Officer

Skills Recognition Support Services

The only differences if you have to post is getting your photos certified and obviously printing and postage.

We had an agent and he confirmed that all our documents had to be posted to Oz. The application could be done online but the document had to be hard copies. It only took 3 weeks and we got an email informing us the first stage had been passed. Then around 5 weeks later hubby did technical interview and the following week Vetassess sent the positive result. I must admit the agent doing it all took a lot of the pressure off.

What trade are you?

Oh really? We were originally going through an agent & they advised it would be easier for us to do this stage ourselves, how strange! Trade is Pipefitter so I fit under Fitter General!

Thank you everyone for your replys :)

We ( by which i mean my better half :D) did it ourselves and used Vetassess for the Fitter General, we had to fill out the online form, then Fedex all the certified stuff to Melbourne, then they got back to us saying they would like few more bits, which again had to be Fedex'd. They then sent us a letter saying we've passed the paperwork side of it and we will shortly receive the date for the technical interview, which we did. He then attended the technical interview and couple weeks letter we got a positive outcome email, followed by a letter confirming the satisfactory skills assessment with his Level III Engineering certificate from Vetasses in the post. :)

What we did was online application so as the payment and the trade skill set was done online as well ( fabrication) and then we send through post all the certified documents and the id pictures ( hard copies) to Vetassess and then after 2 months we received a letter saying my OH passed the first stage and be schedule for iether practical or technical interview, so we do our appointment through online again and the payment as well, my hubby took the technical interview then after 10 days we received a positive skill assessment Certificate 3 in Engineering Trade and Fabrication ( Heavy Fabrication):)

I totally forgot about the 2 passport sized photos.....do these also need to be certified? I thought I had everything covered with all the other documentation - so mad at myself!!!

Hi yes your photo must be certified, we went to police officer to have it certified, they will sign it at the back of your id photos, actually we send it twice because the first police officer who did it did not put his contact number at the back and Vetassess is very particular with that, good thing we are currently living here in Oz, you can find in their website how you the certified photos look like.

Archived