I had a wonderful winter afternoon at Balmoral today, mild, sunny, beautiful.

MARYROSE02

My first swim for a month and the water felt decidedly chilly, but bearable, unlike the traffic coming home in the rush hour. I don't know people put up with it five days a week? But at Balmoral, driving down the hill from Military Road, it was magical, with the view out over the harbour and the ocean beyond. I parked a long way from the swimming baths, so had a walk along the promenade and sand. And afterwards I had a late lunch at 'Bottom of the Harbour' intending to have breaded fish and chips, but opting for the daily special of Sri Lankan style fish curry. During the week is the time to go there, too, with no parking hassles.

Fabulous day today MR, working in Mosman at the moment over looking the spit bridge ,was down at the boat house

a couple of weekends ago great place .

That sounds like a nice place to work. I love Balmoral but it's a hassle driving there, compared to the Eastern Subs beaches which are all about 7km. It would be nice to stay at Balmoral for a holiday, but if you want to go anywhere and you want to walk, it's uphill all the way!

Archived