Transit Hotel Singapore

ClaireChris

We are looking into booking our flights from UK when we leave for Brisbane in November. Although we wanted to fly Emirates the flight times and 3 legs doesn't seem ideal with a 4 & 2 year old. We are looking at Singapore airlines and doing a long layover to book into the transit hotel for a block of time to let the kids run around, shower etc. has anyone experienced the hotel with children and does this sound like a good idea?

If you don't have the time for a long stopover I thoroughly recommend the transit. I time it so I fly through the day to Singapore, stop overnight at transit and fly through the next (albeit very long) day and get into London evening time for a meal and a snooze - relives the jet lag, is super easy - Of course if you have time, Singapore is brilliant for a stopover (night zoo etc) as well but your kids are pretty young

I always try and persuade my OH to get a room at the transit hotel in Singapore even if we just have a 5 or 6 hour stop over. It just means we have some private space to have a shower and get sorted and can leave all our hand luggage while we wonder round the airport. One of the best flight experiences we have had was when we flew on a day time flight and had an 11 hour stop in Singapore - we booked a room for the 4 of us and slept in the hotel rather than the plane. It was so much better than trying to sleep on the plane.

We have spent time in Singapore on previous trips so looking to just get there and start the next step of our lives. Really thinking of the hotel for reasons you suggest NicF. The layover would be 11 hours. Thought we could tag team with the children and keep them awake so they sleep on the plane and we have the sleep in the hotel! The thought of a shower and a stretch is very appealing and not overly expensive.

Archived