Pommie Christmas blue mountains

gazchopper

It's called Christmas in July and the various hotels have dinners scheduled....mountain heritage, Fairmont, carrington....some guest houses like The Chalet in medlow bath also participate. There are also Goon Show, Faulty towers type shows at Various locations. Diste the name...they start in June and go until August

Christmas in July is a known phenomenon, but it doesn't feel like Christmas. There's none of the anticipation, the decorations everywhere, the Christmas music, the logs on the fire and gifts on the tree. It's really just a roast turkey meal out of place and out of season.

Christmas in July is a known phenomenon, but it doesn't feel like Christmas. There's none of the anticipation, the decorations everywhere, the Christmas music, the logs on the fire and gifts on the tree. It's really just a roast turkey meal out of place and out of season.

It depends on where you go. Most of the places in the mountains go all out....Christmas tree, music, Santa ....I live up there and have had my Christmas lights up from this weekend like many of my neighbours. June 20 is the Winter Magic Festival which has fireworks, a full day of activities and several balls. I love this time in the mountains. There is a saying up here...Christmas in December is the one you have with your family, Christmas in July is the one you have with the people you actually want to share it with

Archived