Universities

Guest MariAndyok

Guest MariAndyok

Hello all,

I have recently been on th Pacific Pines State High School website and read that 21% of their pupils went to university. Of those about 75% of them went to the same university, I think it was Griffiths. This is within a few miles of Pac Pines. Is this the case across Oz, do kids tend to go to their local uni or do they travel further a-field. I know the odd one or two may go out of state but what is the general concensus.

Thanks

Andy:goofy:

Generally most kids go to the uni closest to home. Of course there are always going to be one or two intrepids who go interstate but usually the kids stay in the area and many actually live at home while they study. Of course, in most cities you do have a choice of at least two or three unis. Some of the country towns now have campuses of the larger unis so that the country kids can stay at home too if that is what they choose.

Griifith is really close to Pac Pines, and it's got great travel links. There's also Bond University if that came up; that's in Varsity Lakes I think, so not too far either, if you're thinking about your kids going.

Jo

Archived