300 Prospective Marriage Visa. Case Officer letter query. Help please.

QuakerBaker

Hello all,

Briefly, I am in the UK, fiancé is in Australia (She has diual nationality). Using an Australian immigration lawyer/advisor. Application and all documents submitted 16/4/15 by the lawyer. HAP ID was issued and I did the medical back in April.

Have now had an email from the case officer in the UK requesting certain documents that we have already submitted and that I book the medical. Is this a standard letter that goes out?

Also the processing time has lept up from 9-12 months to 10-14 and we plan to marry in February '16 in Sydney. How long did your 300 take and/or is this likely to be an outside time? Might it go through quicker?

Thank you all.

Have now had an email from the case officer in the UK requesting certain documents that we have already submitted and that I book the medical. Is this a standard letter that goes out?

Hi QuakerBaker,

Best if you checked with your migration lawyer about the request for seemingly already-provided documents. Your migration lawyer should be able to advise further, as he or she is in the best position to do so.

Regards

Peter

Hi QuakerBaker,

Best if you checked with your migration lawyer about the request for seemingly already-provided documents. Your migration lawyer should be able to advise further, as he or she is in the best position to do so.

Regards

Peter

Thank you. I did and he said it wasn't something he thought it worth checking.

• 1 month later...
Thank you. I did and he said it wasn't something he thought it worth checking.

Hi QuakerBaker

I had the letter yesterday asking me to do my medicals and police checks after Dec 11th 2015, which is 6 months from the lodgement date. However I have done the Medical already a week before we applied for the visa. I think they ask you to wait as you need to have the medical for when you enter Australia, and by next June for me is cutting it very fine. I am redoing them in December.

Archived