EOI' s in June???

Hodgies2Oz

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well done guys! No captain, not heard! We are going for the 190 not 189 like those above so I guess I'm still waiting........zzzzzzzz

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Have you got enough points to afford to lose the 190 sponsorship?

Yes, we would just have 60 without it. Only Victoria has my husbands job on their SOL so it seemed the best way to go, but we'll see. I need to take a chill pill !!!!!

Patience is the hardest thing in this process. It's very difficult not to check emails at least 3 or 4 times a day (hour).

Hi folks,

Just to say I lodged an EOI for the 189 visa last night and was invited today so good luck to everyone who is trying to get there! :)

Now the real work begins tackling this monstrous application...

Hi folks,

Just to say I lodged an EOI for the 189 visa last night and was invited today so good luck to everyone who is trying to get there! :)

Now the real work begins tackling this monstrous application...

Heya well done!! Do you mind me asking how many pointa you lodged. We did ours on monday with 60 and nothing yet :/

Well done! Same thing happened with us. We just started looking at the said monstrous application! Are you completing this yourself? I have questions already, like do you need to add all available national identity documents? Are you going ahead and requesting a medical now or waiting to see whether the application asks you to do this at a later stage??

:cool:

Hi all

I got my invitation today for 189 visa! 65 points. Submitted the EOI five days ago.

Thanks to this great forum for the tons of information and advice over the last two years!

Good luck to all those waiting ...

Dear All,

Did anyone got email of today's invitation? I got 60 points on 22nd may and still checking my inbox?

Also, at what times they start sending invitations?

It's likely that you've missed this round I'm afraid. Invitations are automatically generated and start to be sent out from 0001 (Canberra time) on Friday morning, it can take up to approx 0300 to receive an invitation. If you haven't got an email already then you will have to wait until next time.

On this round there was only 500 invitations sent out compared to between 1000-1300 which is the usual figure.

I've got lots of it already done (form 80 and certified documents). I'm hoping I'll be ready to send it off at the end of the weekend!

Me too!! Any chance you want to chat more about the next stage?? Im nervous now! When do you expect to be lodging your visa?

Just some information for all who have an invitation to apply.

The SOL list will be updated on 1st July and some occupations may be removed, (last year some got added and I don't recall anything getting removed).

So, if you were to apply before that date and your occupation is removed, it won't matter because your application is in the system from the date of submission.

But, if you wait until 1st July or later and your occupation is removed then.....well you can guess the rest.

(This isn't advice, just information!)

so can u tell me how much time it would take approx to get invitation?

With 60 points and the fact that there has been a missed invitation round (in May) and also that there has been a reduced number of invites this month I would estimate that you wouldn't get an invitation until possibly the second invitation round in July at the earliest.

It's very difficult to say because we don't know how many EOI's have been submitted.

The way that it works is that 75+ points jump to the top of the list and are invited first, followed by 70 & 65, then the rest are made up of people with 60 points in order based on when they submitted the EOI.

So for example if a person was to put an EOI in the day before the invitation round and they had 65 points or over then they would take the place of a 60 pointer who had submitted a week earlier.

One of the previous rounds results were

75 points = 20 invites

70 points = 60 invites

65 points = 220 invites, the rest were taken up with 60 point invites.

Thanks a lot! Just a lil confusion,

My EOI submission date is 22nd may and if on 1st July my occupation is removed so can i still expect invitation based on the fact that i applied to system before 1st july and per SOL , CSOL list of 2014-15.

Short answer is no, according to the information I have been given by reputable people, it's the date of submission of the visa, not the EOI.

What is your occupation?

Archived