pre school age?

RebeccaMatt

If my son turns four in May, does he begin pre school the January before he turns four or the January after in Queensland? I've been trying to google it but thought it would probably be easier to ask! Lol we would be moving in April 2017 if everything continues to go as planned, so I'm a bit worried we would be moving in the middle of his first year in pre school and it might be very hard for him to adapt, at the same time could give him a great chance to make friends quickly ???

[TABLE=width: 50%]

[TR]

[TH=class: tablehead]Child born between[/TH]

[TH=class: tablehead]Year attends kindy[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1 July 2010 to 31 July 2011[/TD]

[TD=align: center]2015[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1 July 2011 to 31 July 2012[/TD]

[TD=align: center]2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1 July 2012 to 31 July 2013[/TD]

[TD=align: center]2017[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1 July 2013 to 31 July 2014[/TD]

[TD=align: center]2018[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

This is from Dept Education Queensland but just reading it, there is an overlap of a month I dont know if should be 1st August as the 1st date!

[h=1]Enrolment[/h]Children must be at least 4 years old by 31 July in the year they are enrolled in an approved kindergarten program.

That is also off their Website so looks like he will start when he is 3 1/2. Be one of the younger ones

[TABLE=width: 50%]

[TR]

[TH=class: tablehead]Child born between[/TH]

[TH=class: tablehead]Year attends kindy[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1 July 2010 to 31 July 2011[/TD]

[TD=align: center]2015[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1 July 2011 to 31 July 2012[/TD]

[TD=align: center]2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1 July 2012 to 31 July 2013[/TD]

[TD=align: center]2017[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1 July 2013 to 31 July 2014[/TD]

[TD=align: center]2018[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

This is from Dept Education Queensland but just reading it, there is an overlap of a month I dont know if should be 1st August as the 1st date!

Enrolment

Children must be at least 4 years old by 31 July in the year they are enrolled in an approved kindergarten program.

That is also off their Website so looks like he will start when he is 3 1/2. Be one of the younger ones

That is a lot easier to understand than anything I found! Thank you :) I was hoping he wouldn't have to start in the middle of the year, Might need to reconsider our moving dates lol

That is a lot easier to understand than anything I found! Thank you :) I was hoping he wouldn't have to start in the middle of the year, Might need to reconsider our moving dates lol
Remember school year starts January/February in Australia not like August in the UK, so if you are arriving in April he will only miss one term.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived