Transport a dog to Scotland

RMac

Hi all,

I have a few questions about pet transportation, we are heading from Sydney to Glasgow in September hopefully and I have gotten quotes from several pet transport companies, they seem to vary quite a bit, are there any to avoid? Our dog may also require boarding in Glasgow for a few weeks so I am keen to go with a company that has a good reputation.

thanks

Hi

We started a previous thread on the same issue. In the end we decided on JetPets. Good communications and they have visited to size our dogs for their crates for the journey. All in all happy with them. It wasn't down to price, more a feeling and some positive feedback. Not able to help with boarding your dog in Glasgow. You must however fly 5 days either side of your dog being sent over. Regulations for the EU. Good luck with it all.

I did read you thread, I am waiting for dogtainers to get back to me with a quote, jet pets were the first to respond to my enquiry. I have been struggling to find any pet friendly rentals in the part of Glasgow we are heading to, I will ask some family members if they can recommend a good kennel.

I was very upset with Jetpets, yes they are quick at quoting. But they didn't listen to us, things went in one ear and out the other, things I had written down in black and white were forgotten. It came to the very last day and they were due to be picked up, I had months of emails confirming this. I was crystal clear from day one that pick up and delivery was required. And I confirmed it time and time again, as did they. Anyway day of their move, I woke up me now in the UK to an email wanting to know when I was dropping them off! My OH still in Australia had no car and the packers were coming that day. Livid.

It was particularly annoying as I also told them time and time again that they had to start talking to my OH not me as I was heading to the UK and we would have a time delay. Gave all his details, but they would still write to my email address but write "Dear Mr Bungo" as if that would make it go to the right person. I don't think they ever quite grasped that, no matter how many times I told them.

Had to absolutely read them the riot act to get those cats picked up. It also made everything just super, super stressful, we thought what else have they got wrong and it made us worried sick to our stomachs until they landed and cleared customs here. Trust me, this is stress you do not need. So Jetpets, would not touch them with a fifty foot barge pole, no matter how quick they are with their quotes.