Steven Gerrard - legend

bunbury61

My quick tribute to a legend ....what a player.

I have seen all the greats of the older and the modern era..thats live,not on the telly ....which is a completely different experience

Best ,law,Charlton ,greaves....and in the modern era henry,Scholes,Gascoigne....and Steven Gerrard is right up there .

He stands 6 1 ..6 2 ...and covered the ground like a thorough bred racehorse.

He almost single handedly carried that Liverpool side at times....he could do everything

To be called the greatest liverpool player ever is some honour

A one club man ....Steven Gerrard .....LEGEND

I have seen all the greats of the older and the modern era..thats live,not on the telly ....which is a completely different experience

Best ,law,Charlton ,greaves....and in the modern era henry,Scholes,Gascoigne....and Steven Gerrard is right up there .

He almost single handedly carried that Liverpool side at times....he could do everything

not a great player but a very good player, should of left Liverpool to win more. respect his loyalties

not quite Two club man - Liverpool/ LA Galaxy

P.s ...iam not even a liverpool fan ...far from it ...but certain things transcend rivalry .....i could put the greatness tag on a few ...paul Scholes was another ...even towards the end of his career ,he always had time on the ball...thierry henry ,a class act.

I chose the word great for Steven Gerrard because he was ...he wanted to use the words very good I would do ....players like Beckham and lampard fall into the very good category

Well said. It was a heartbreaking moment watching him walk back into the tunnel at Anfield for the last time on Saturday......I won't lie, there were tears.

Well said. It was a heartbreaking moment watching him walk back into the tunnel at Anfield for the last time on Saturday......I won't lie, there were tears.

Agreed. As a Scouse Red whose supported his team for 40 years and who was there when a skinny teenager made a 90 second debut against Blackburn Rovers in 1998 it was hugely emotional. I have so much to thank the man for. Dortmund, Cardiff (more than once) and of course Istanbul. The word 'legend' gets used all too frequently nowadays, but for us, he was just that. YNWA Stevie.

Archived