Moving back to the UK with my wine?!

David Lamyman

We're moving back to the UK after being here for 20 years. Working in the hospitality industry, I have about 300-400 bottles of wine. I would prefer not to drink them all before I go back. Like the rest of my already purchased possessions (and therefore paid tax on them), I'm hoping to get my wine back without paying duty. Or am I dreaming?

Suspect you are dreaming. Here is the calculator.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/dc/220221/books-movies-music-instruments/books-and-magazines/audio-books/import-duty-rate-for-importing-wine-from-france-to-united-kingdom-is-3.5/

Sounds like you might be having one helluva leaving party.

Otherwise there will be plenty of PomsInOz members who would be willing to take them off your hands lol.

We're moving back to the UK after being here for 20 years. Working in the hospitality industry, I have about 300-400 bottles of wine. I would prefer not to drink them all before I go back. Like the rest of my already purchased possessions (and therefore paid tax on them), I'm hoping to get my wine back without paying duty. Or am I dreaming?

Dreaming.

:wink:

I have just a few bottles of expensive wine which are from years or our birth. They have travelled across the world with on a few international moves and I lost count of number of times I have had to pay tax on them! I hid them in luggage this time though as I was fed up with it. It is only three bottles though, there is no hiding 300.

I have just a few bottles of expensive wine which are from years or our birth. They have travelled across the world with on a few international moves and I lost count of number of times I have had to pay tax on them! I hid them in luggage this time though as I was fed up with it. It is only three bottles though, there is no hiding 300.

Let me know what you end up doing.