Can anyone help???

lillystar26

Hi, our family was meant to move to Australia 2.5 years ago on a 457 visa but unfortunately we firstly got scammed by a company then we found another and started the visa application, then all of the jobs fells through. We decided after struggling to find another job that we would put Australia on the back burner for a while.

fast forward a couple of years..... I am starting uni in September to study Diagnostic Radiography. My reason for this post is that we would still like to go to Australia but would I be able to gain employment straight from qualifying or would I have to work here first??? we would like to go ideally straight from qualifying for the main reason that my daughter would be finishing primary school that year so would be able to start high school there with everyone else.

sorry for the long post

Vicky

The rules change far to regular to be able to comment on what will be the situation in several years time. There is no guarantee that any occupation will be on one of the lists by then. Let alone what visas will be available.

My my one piece of advice would be to look at permanent visas rather than temporary visas such as 455 which come with a lot of pitfalls, a lot of hidden costs and are only temporary in nature - contrary to believe - there is no direct path from 457 to permanent.

i understand that it changes constantly but just wanted to know as of now would I be able to get a job straight from graduating?? assuming that it is still on the list etc...

Do you mean a job with sponsorship? Or just a job?

Or would you get a skilled migrant visa and if so, do you think you would be the applicant or the another person?

Because the eligible occupations, rules and requirements change over time, the best we can do is tell you what would apply if you were already qualified and wanting to start the visa process now.

Currently, Medical Diagnostic Radiographer (ANZSCO code 251211) is on the SOL and is therefore an eligible occupation for an Independent 189 visa. The occupation is assessed by the Australian Institute of Radiography (AIR) and it is the need for a positive skills assessment from that authority that will determine the level of work experience you will need. My reading of their requirements is that you will need at least two or more years in the last 5 years of good post qualification clinical experience. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.air.asn.au/overseasass.php

Archived