Researching schools in Queensland

Guest tahe49

Guest tahe49

Anyone got any advice?

I have an 8 year old who is interested in "what school he will be going too" but the problem is we just don't know what area we will be living in. I have a rough idea that it will be, Northlakes, Redcliffe, Narangba area but until we get there it is hard to say.

I have had a look online at the schools but they don't really give you much of a feeling about the place - has anyone got any ideas?

I dont think you can tell properly until you have seen them in person,yes you can look at results and statistics but you cant get a feel for the place or the staff.Take Mountain Creek,excellent school and results yet last year the centre of a drug investigation with Bindeez toys!! i really would just wait till you arrive and have a good look around ,most schools will take the children on more or less instantly anyway,your son may also feel better if he ahs a say in where he goes,good luck its a big decision and a tough one too.

Cal x

Guest TheBrowningFamily

I agree with cal, until you are in an area you cannot possibly know which school will be best! i was et on my daughter going to Beerwah State when we were in the UK (provided we were in the Beerwah area of course...was in our top 3 places to live) Yet I did not think much of it at all when we went there! She now goes to a private school in Beerwah which I never even saw on the net (despite having an excellent website!!)

Our daugthers who are 10 and 6 go to Hercules State school in Kippa-ring, chose there because a local recommended it. There are kids from all over Redcliffe peninsula who go to the school. I have heard nothing but good about the schools at North Lakes and Narangba, but I have to agree that you have to get to the area first before you make your final decision.

Archived