Hi Everyone,

Moving out to Oz in November (for approximately 16 months, but could be more). I have some experience working with animals and am looking to see if what opportunities are out there for this. Being on a subclass 417 working visa, means it could only be for 6 months at a time. But, just hoping to see how available the field is and what sort of processes I may need to go through to get myself working with animals in Oz. Any advice or news of vacancies would be greatly appreciated and may hopefully help others in the same situation. I'll be staying in NSW (Syndey/Cronulla) initially but am very open to moving around. Hope to hear from all you conservationists out there.

Chris

Specifically, what sort of job are you after? I can point you in the direction of an abattoir with vacancies, which is technically working with animals but I suspect that's not what you're after.

Do you have any qualifications in the field like vet nursing? There are always volunteer positions at shelters, and my cousins groom racehorses on their days off but these are unpaid. You might even be able to pick up some cashier work with mobile dog washers, and periodically you'll find adverts for outback work doing mustering and the like, but only if you're really good on horseback.

Give us a bit more information and we might be able to suggest something.

Archived