Short term rental in Melbourne...

bridgie

Hi, Can anyone help please? We are coming over to Melbourne and also Sydney in November... our daughter expects our first grandchild in September :yes: and we need to find some accommodation for probably 6 weeks or so in Melbourne... I am currently looking at Airbnb and all the other sites (Aussie house sits) that offer private accommodation.... but I did wonder if there is anyone out there who might know of any other Independent Private rentals in Melbourne or suburbs, preferably close to code 3040..... Rentals do seem quite high through Airbnb, is this normal for the area?

Any advice or information would be very greatly appreciated.... We are in the very early stages of looking to move over (from Spain) but guess this may take 2 years or so to get our Visas in place, and the fact that 1 of our 3 children have their PR, so we are waiting for a 2nd of our children to get their PR before we can apply for our Visas....

Thanks in advance..

Marian

Try this link - http://www.homesales.com.au/rent/?location=3040%2c+Victoria%2c+Postcode&types=All%2cHouse%2cApartment%2cUnit%2cTownhouse%2cLand%2cRural&numBedrooms=0&maxBedrooms=0&numCarPorts=0&priceFrom=0&priceTo=0

Just remember furnished houses / holiday homes etc are more expensive than a longer term unfurnished let as your bills are included. If your planning on staying more than 4 weeks ,always ask if there is a discount for a longer stay.

I dont know the area you are looking at but see if there are any cabin parks as lots of familys have stayed in a holiday cabin on a site and said its been great.

Hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Hi, Can anyone help please? We are coming over to Melbourne and also Sydney in November... our daughter expects our first grandchild in September :yes: and we need to find some accommodation for probably 6 weeks or so in Melbourne

Hi Marian, I have sent you a private message.

BB

Hi Bridgie

You have a few options to look at prices and availability really. You could look at the main sites and just select the rental option for domain.com.au or realestate.com.au It is possible that you could fin some short term rentals. Failing that I would also look at gumtree.com.au whereby you will find a lot more owner owned properties that are probably on for less time.. the problem with the latter option is that they will not appear until closer the time and you might want to have been sorted out by then.

Look now to see what availability is like for where you want

Hope this helps

Archived