The faster way to bring my mom to Australia

erikagpr

Hello everyone, I hope all of you are doing well.

I would like to ask for some advices and information in one matter. I am about to get a PR visa to live in Australia and I would like to know the faster way to bring my mother to Australia, even if it is firstly as a tourist or student or something similar. Of course what I want is her to get a resident visa as well but due to the fact that my country (Venezuela) is going through for a really difficult situation and it is extremely unsafe I need to take my mom from Venezuela as soon as possible. In addition, I have three siblings and at the moment I would be the only one who would have a PR in Australia so we do not meet the requirement that says that half of the sons must be PR in Australia to bring a parent.

I know this is not easy but please I would appreciate any help any of you could give me, I am really worry because, as I said before, Venezuelan situation is worse and worse every day.

Thank you in advance for your help!!!!

Does your mum have a skill on the CSOL? Otherwise I think you really have no option of her gaining residency.

Yes she could get a tourist visa for up to 6 months (I think, that's the case from the UK), she would need to have sufficient funds for a 6 month stay in Australia without working and a return ticket otherwise she may have problems at immigration. And yes a student visa is possible - bear in mind international fees are very expensive but she could then work 20 hours a week.

Neither of these lead to residency though - she could be a student in something on the CSOL and hope that doesn't change but she would still need experience before she could apply for a visa.

If she is in genuine danger then she may be able to claim asylum in Australia although Australia has a particular bad reputation for how it treats asylum seekers,

There is no way that you can bring your mum to Australia in your current circumstances, she will not be eligible for the parent visa due to the number of children (not just sons) outside Australia. Are any of your siblings planning to apply for a permanent visa to Australia in the future?

Presumably mum does not qualify for any of the work related visas?

As someone has suggested, if you want to bring her to Australia on humanitarian grounds, then she would have to look into applying for a humanitarian visa. (I wouldn't like to guess at her chances of success).

Does your mum have a skill on the CSOL? Otherwise I think you really have no option of her gaining residency.

Yes she could get a tourist visa for up to 6 months (I think, that's the case from the UK), she would need to have sufficient funds for a 6 month stay in Australia without working and a return ticket otherwise she may have problems at immigration. And yes a student visa is possible - bear in mind international fees are very expensive but she could then work 20 hours a week.

Neither of these lead to residency though - she could be a student in something on the CSOL and hope that doesn't change but she would still need experience before she could apply for a visa.

If she is in genuine danger then she may be able to claim asylum in Australia although Australia has a particular bad reputation for how it treats asylum seekers,

Thank you very much for your answer. You arw so kind. However I feel sad now :(. I do not what to do. My mom is a biology and general science teacher, however she is older than 50 so I think she can't apply for a professional visa

There is no way that you can bring your mum to Australia in your current circumstances, she will not be eligible for the parent visa due to the number of children (not just sons) outside Australia. Are any of your siblings planning to apply for a permanent visa to Australia in the future?

Presumably mum does not qualify for any of the work related visas?

As someone has suggested, if you want to bring her to Australia on humanitarian grounds, then she would have to look into applying for a humanitarian visa. (I wouldn't like to guess at her chances of success).

Thank you for your answer. One of my sister plans to ask for a professional visa but it will take time as she has not finished her degree yet. According to both comments the humanitariam visa is not an option either? Can I ask excatly why? Thank you in advance.

Thank you very much for your answer. You arw so kind. However I feel sad now :(. I do not what to do. My mom is a biology and general science teacher, however she is older than 50 so I think she can't apply for a professional visa

So sorry for your situation - there is a glimmer of hope for at least a medium term solution, science teachers are needed in Australia - is her English language good? If so, then there is no age limit on a 457 visa which would allow her to stay in Australia for 4 years. That would at least give 4 years for the situation in Venezuela to settle. Unfortunately her age means I really cannot see a permanent option though.