Nominated Employer Perm Reaidency - advice, costs and agent recommendations

essexscott

Hi there,

Ive just gone through a 457 visa transfer. Painful 9 week wait with no income and not financially prepared for the lengthy delay. Anyway, I've been advised by an agent that I can become a residency as an Insurence Broker with an employer nomination.

Looking for advice as to the process?

Time frame and cost?

Medical, English test, police checks?

Recommend any good agents in Melbourne?

I have 10 years insurance experience, been in Melbourne 2.5 years on holiday working, 457 and then 457 visa was transferred. 2nd job in Melbourne, first job in Melbourne was for 2 years

Thanks for the advice

Your employer needs to be an approved sponsor. If they're new to the whole migration process then they have a lot to arrange first of all to be able to nominate you.

Yes you need Medical and police checks.

Just search in the forums for recommended migration agents. There are several who are regularly mentioned when the topic arises.

Visa costs are available online, but if you use an agent then they will have their fees to add in too.

Me hi there, yes work are happy to. It was discussed before I joint as my previous company had also agreed. My current employee became a sponsor in order to take on my visa. It's just getting the ball rolling and making it happen. Could do with a lotto win to pay for it but hey, small investment into my future hey.

Look on the DIBP website at the 186 Direct Entry Stream, and that'll tell you what you need to know. I assume your employer has agreed to sponsor you?

Archived