TRA queries please help

koxxwasp

My wife and I are about to embark on the long process of having my skills as a engineer assessed.:arghh:

I have all the skills needed and the relevant certs from my apprenticeship.

However i am a little worried that producing a full history of my career path may be difficult as I am not 100% sure of dates and such like.:wacko:

can some body tell me what exactly I have to prove to get a positive assessment from them.

Do they check dates and things,

What if I can't get a reference from them all.

Am I worrying unduly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

My wife and I are about to embark on the long process of having my skills as a engineer assessed.:arghh:

I have all the skills needed and the relevant certs from my apprenticeship.

However i am a little worried that producing a full history of my career path may be difficult as I am not 100% sure of dates and such like.:wacko:

can some body tell me what exactly I have to prove to get a positive assessment from them.

Do they check dates and things,

What if I can't get a reference from them all.

Am I worrying unduly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi

I have just submitted my TRA im going over as a Chef hopefully!!.......This is probably the most stressfull part of the application so ive been told, gathering all of your employment history etc etc. it is a bit of a pain but when you get stuck into it it isnt all that bad. For the dates they require mm/yy not exact dates. If you cant get references from each employer then do a stat dec they will accept these......as far as im aware my agent has said that they are mainly interested in the 3 years prior to your application, your training and the 3 years after that. If you can get references fine but i have submitted stat decs for some as im self employed at the moment.

Im sure if you have the certs and the training proved and some ref and the rest stat decs then you should be fine. I had to produce suppliers references to prove i was self employed........do you have clients or business that you have done work for who can give you a reference????.

There are plenty of people on here who have lots of experience in the visa journey, im just at the beginning but i know how much this assesment stresses you out i have had to trace 20 years back and one thing that stuck in my mind was when i was told "never burn your bridges, you never know when you might need someone!!"

Where theres a will theres a way dont give up just get your teeth stuck in and you will be suprised how things come together.

hope this helped a little and im sure some others out there will give you a bit more advice

Cheers

M&L

Guest Roofer

Hi,

I have just gone through this process and my advice would be to supply all the evidence that you can get , anything that relates to your job "EVERYTHING" you've got .

The reason mine failed is that although my stat dec was noted for my training period (cert supplied) there was no third party evidence to prove i worked for the company whilst completing my Collage training. I managed to contact the guy i did my training with and he happen to still have the aggrement between him and the CITB (horder) and write me a ref , so i hope this will suffice .

Anyway good luck

and another thing, this entire system take forever !!!!!!!!!

Thanks Steve.

Hi,

I have just gone through this process and my advice would be to supply all the evidence that you can get , anything that relates to your job "EVERYTHING" you've got .

The reason mine failed is that although my stat dec was noted for my training period (cert supplied) there was no third party evidence to prove i worked for the company whilst completing my Collage training. I managed to contact the guy i did my training with and he happen to still have the aggrement between him and the CITB (horder) and write me a ref , so i hope this will suffice .

Anyway good luck

and another thing, this entire system take forever !!!!!!!!!

Thanks Steve.

Hi

Your right, my agent has said the point of training is the most important part they def want to know the ins and outs of a ducks .... who trained you...how they trained you etc etc. fingers crossed mine comes back ok but as you say even the most trivial of info i have put in to my app. hope i dont have to wait as long as you did must of been a nightmare when they returned it wantin more evidence..

Hope you have better better luck this time round.............and it aint cheap!!!

Cheers

M&L

Archived