best places to live?

leigh674

Hi we have just had our expression of interest passed and can now apply for our visa, but we can only live in gympie, kingaroy, toowoomba, or Warwick anybody have any recommendations, we are a young family with children aged 2 and 6 months I am a hotel manager and my wife is a hairdresser.

Thanks

Hi

Lots of hotels and resorts around the Noosa and Sunshine Coast areas. Toowoomba is lovely and a little cooler though not sure how many hotels there are. We were in Gympie for 2 years. Initially commuted there from Caloundra for work but the drive became too much. Gympie wasn't for me. It also gets very hot there. Most of Sunshine Coast is beautiful. There are plenty of quiet towns as well if you prefer that. I particularly like Peregian and Coolum

Good luck

Those are the areas that the Australian government will allow us live

I was in a similar situation. I was allowed to live and work in any regional postcode though as long as I didn't live in Brisbane of Gold Coast. I nominated one area for sponsorship but once I arrived they said as long as the post code was regional, it was fine

I would personally go for the Gympie area (maybe not the town itself) because it is nearer to a larger, more to do area (the Sunshine Coast), not too far from Hervey Bay either.

For me the others are a little small and rather more isolated, but then, some folk prefer this!

I wish you well and good luck in wherever you choose.

Keith.

I assume your visa allows you to live in a regional area only?

This link shows the postcodes which are regional for the purposes of the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS).

https://www.immi.gov.au/employers/rsms_postcodes.htmaaa

For Queensland this includes everywhere except the Gold Coast and the greater Brisbane area.

You can find the names of places corresponding to postcodes here

http://www.costlessquotes.com.au/postcode_tool/postcode_list_QLD.php

No, you've misunderstood something. If you get a 489 visa, you can live in any regional area anywhere in Queensland or in fact, anywhere in Australia if you choose to ignore the moral obligation to live in the sponsoring state for 2 years. Of the towns you've mentioned, Toowoomba is the largest with the best employment prospects but you can also look at Townsville, Cairns, Mackay, Rockhampton or any of the cities and towns on or inland from the coast north from about Caloundra.

https://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/regional-growth.htm#qld Regional Australia/low population growth metropolitan areas eligible for 489 holders

Everyone has their own preferences.We live near Gympie.Tin Can Bay.Gympie is nice,but it has two Problems.It Floods ALL the Time the Town Centre Mary Street goes Underwater.Then There's the Council,One of the Highest Rates and Charges in the State.And remember the further North you go the More Humid and Hotter it Gets.We used to Live Near Toowoomba. A really Nice City Big wide roads friendly and cheap.And Real Cool On top of the Range.You Have the opposite on the Sunshine Coast.We are Moving Back there,next year.Well to Gatton.Have a look there a great Rural Town,And reasonably cheap houses.You don't have to go to the City realy everything is there.Good Schools Hospital,Doctors ect You have to go to Toowoomba or Ipswich if you want go to the pictures.The Sunshine Coast To Me Is So overrated.There's heaps of Hotels in Toowoomba,And ipswich and it's easy compute even to Brisbane by car.There's only 2 Hairdressers in Gatton,and 1 in Laidley. thats another rural near by.depends what sort of life you want rural or city.

Archived