Urgent Help Required

sun2

Applying as a Cafe or Restaurant Manager 141111 got positive skill assessment, Applied for NT SS, got 489 invitation.

Just now got result of Points Advisory from VETASSESS and they have not considered my Pizza Hut & Nando's work experience and because of that I am short of 5 points from 60 minimum.

But on the other hand when I spoke to Workforce Growth NT / Skilled Migration, they are saying that since we are sponsoring you and have gone through your case and we believe that you have 60 points.

I am a bit confused what should I do, should I go ahead or..........???

My EOI invitation would expire in a week time. I would be grateful if someone can advise.

Its a matter of high urgency.

Regards,

You would be crazy to go ahead with a visa application in which you claim points for experience in fast food restaurants where that experience has been rejected by VETASSESS on their points advice.

On the CSOL, the entry for your occupation reads Cafe or Restaurant Manager*** and a note at the bottom of the page says "** indicates that for a nomination or visa application for a Subclass 457 visa and the Direct Entry stream of the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) visa the occupation excludes positions in Fast Food or Takeaway Food Service."

I realise that you are not applying for either of those visas but it seems to me to be a strong indication that experience in fast food restaurants is likely to considered by DIBP to be unacceptable.

You should definitely consult a good RMA for advice before you lodge a visa application.

Ozmanic,

Thank you for your reply.

As a professional Restaurateur, I would call Pizza Hut or Nando's a Casual Dining Facility or a QSR (Quick Service Restaurant) and fast food would be any outlet which does the counter service like McDonalds or KFC. So would you still not consider my experience and would not allocate points??

My concern is that if I ignore VETASSESS Points advisory scoring I am fine, as I have relevant experience (Which VETASSESS has not considered and saying it is in fast food operation which lies under retail sector).

If I apply, would DIBP consult VETASSESS for Points Advise?

VERYSTORMY/Ozmaniac,

Just to clear one thing that I have skill assessment done last year and points advisory just now and only today I've got the result. Would it make any difference

I have hired an immigration lawyer but he is clueless and I want to *********

Ozmanic,

Thank you for your reply.

As a professional Restaurateur, I would call Pizza Hut or Nando's a Casual Dining Facility or a QSR (Quick Service Restaurant) and fast food would be any outlet which does the counter service like McDonalds or KFC. So would you still not consider my experience and would not allocate points??

My concern is that if I ignore VETASSESS Points advisory scoring I am fine, as I have relevant experience (Which VETASSESS has not considered and saying it is in fast food operation which lies under retail sector).

If I apply, would DIBP consult VETASSESS for Points Advise?

You can call Nandos and Pizza hut what ever you want. But in Australia they are regarded as fast food and that is the opinion that counts.

You can not ignore vestass - that is what immi will look at. If you ignore them, your visa will be refused and you lose the fee

The point is that whatever YOU choose to call them, VETASSESS didn't include the Nando's and Pizza Hut experience in their points advisory. Presumably, you documented the nature of that experience to them when applying for the points advisory and they determined that it wasn't valid experience in your nominated occupation. DIBP and not Workforce Growth NT / Skilled Migration determine if experience is valid for the points claimed and they have the final word. DIBP do separately check work experience claims but if you claim anything other than what is acceptable to your skills assessment authority, you are taking a huge risk of having your visa application denied and losing your VAC. You should consult a GOOD RMA for advice before you take that risk. The VAC you are risking will be $3520. Advice from a good RMA on your skills experience claims won't cost anything like that much.

In answer to your other question...

Your skills assessment must be valid as at the date of your invitation but a points advisory can have a later date.

• 2 weeks later...

I have submitted an EOI in Skill Select and have received an invitation to apply for a Skilled Regional (Subclass 489) (Provisional)

When applied, I was assuming that my points would be 65 but after VETASSESS skill assessment my points have been lowered to 60. My application needs to be lodged on or before 29 Apr 2015.

Now at this point, as my score has been lowered and what I believe is that I have to let go this invitation.

Can you please advice what to do? Do I have to lodge a new EOI or update this EOI as per the current changes in points.......?

and for state nomination, Do I need to contact Department of Business Government of NT to tell the situation or just reapply?

When your EOI is unlocked, you can update it with the lower points or withdraw it and submit a new one. Probably better to withdraw and re-submit. Not absolutely certain what to do about the NT government but notifying them would be the right thing to do. Thank them for the previous invitation, explain about the points and ask that they consider your new request for nomination.

What points are you claiming for English skills? If less than the 20 for Superior English, why not do another test in the hope that you can get additional points? I suggest you do PTE Academic rather than IELTS as it's a much fairer test.

Ozmaniac, thank you for your prompt response.

Another question......

If I move forward with 60 points, whereas my EOI claim is 65, would it be a wise move? As reapplying for state nomination and EOI may take another 10 weeks and there is no guarantee......

Guys,

Sad to update that my application for 190 nomination to NT is rejected and worst thing is that my occupation is not open in any other state.

Am thing of reapplying but agent wants me to wait for 6 months or atleast till july,

My occupation is safety inspector, 312611 and reason of rejection is mentioned below:

The market research and the consultation with NT employers indicated that your particular skills and experience related are not in line with the NT employers and industry needs.

Based on the above factors, your application for sponsorship under the Skilled Nominated visa program has been unsuccessful.

Please suggest to process further