Small dogs travelling to Brisbane

Hodgies2Oz

Just wondering if anyone else on here has taken small dogs over from the UK to Oz? I am sure there are plenty of you and I guess I am looking for some reassurance. I have no second thoughts about taking my 2 small king charles cavaliers with us, until my hubby suggested last night that the long flight and stress might kill them???? They don't have heart problems and I know they will be medically checked up before we go, but now I am wondering whether the flight and stress will harm them?

I can't imagine leaving them in the UK, even with loved ones, but if there is a chance I am going to harm them then I guess its something I need to consider??? :confused:

They are both only 3 years old just to add x

Edited by Hodgies2Oz

Hi, I shipped my 2 dogs over this January, Jack Russell and Yorkie/Jack x , I was so worried and anxious during the lead up to departure and until I saw them again. They were fine :smile:.Both lost a kilo each, but I anticipated this so fattened them up before they left,they settled within a couple of days.

Hi, I shipped my 2 dogs over this January, Jack Russell and Yorkie/Jack x , I was so worried and anxious during the lead up to departure and until I saw them again. They were fine :smile:.Both lost a kilo each, but I anticipated this so fattened them up before they left,they settled within a couple of days.

Thanks ceddy that's helpful. One of mine definitely won't lose weight, she'll eat whatever! Who did you use to take the dogs out, or did you sort it all out yourself? X

Hi, both my dogs are good eaters, I just knew they would lose weight due to the stress, I phoned quarantine a couple of times whilst they were there and had good reports on them, so that helped settle me a bit.

I used Golden Arrow, they were excellent, very helpful and their premises are in a stunning location, when we arrived my dogs ran and played in the orchard for half hour, then we took them into their kennel which was heated and directly opposite a beautiful lake, the staff were really lovely so I was happy with my choice of pet shipper, I made my choice based on feedback info, price and location.