EOI: when are invitation letters send around?

patins

Hi,

If they say, 10th of April is invitation round, does anybody know when they send the invitation letter around?

Has anybody experience in that?

is it at the start of the day, or during the day, or towards the end, or maybe on the 11th April or even later?

Thanks

We missed out this round. Trades having to wait about 4 weeks apparently. Fingers crossed for the 24th.

Where did you get that idea? The only instance where your occupation is taken into account is where the occupation is pro-rated. Invitations are ranked by computer purely on a time lodged and points basis and if your occupation is not prorated, it is not taken into account in any way. No trade occupations are pro-rated. If you met all the requirements for the visa in question and didn't get an invitation, it will be because your ranking wasn't high enough, not because you have a trade occupation.

The results haven't been released yet for the 10 April round but for the previous round, 60 point occupations were taking about a month (2 or 3 rounds) to get an invitation. If you submitted your EOI in or before the third week of March, you would have a reasonable chance but there's simply no way of knowing how many other EOIs are in the system or their rankings.

We missed out this round. Trades having to wait about 4 weeks apparently. Fingers crossed for the 24th.

Everyone is having to wait 4 weeks with 60 points, they don't even look at your occupation at this stage unless it is on the pro-rata list (accountants and software engineers). As I understand it, it's a case of inviting all the 65+ points people first, then any remaining spaces are filled with people with 60 points with the ones who applied first getting priority. I applied 3.5 weeks ago and they are running at a 4 week wait time so next round I will be on 5 weeks and should hopefully be in.

As for the time, it's midnight Thursday/Friday in Canberra, but bear in mind they have just switched for daylight saving so you might need to do a few sums to work out what time it'll be where you are. It was 1pm England but now it's 3pm as we moved forward and they moved backwards, so we're 2 hours closer. TL:DR 3pm Thursday afternoons.

Everyone is having to wait 4 weeks with 60 points, they don't even look at your occupation at this stage unless it is on the pro-rata list (accountants and software engineers). As I understand it, it's a case of inviting all the 65+ points people first, then any remaining spaces are filled with people with 60 points with the ones who applied first getting priority. I applied 3.5 weeks ago and they are running at a 4 week wait time so next round I will be on 5 weeks and should hopefully be in.

As for the time, it's midnight Thursday/Friday in Canberra, but bear in mind they have just switched for daylight saving so you might need to do a few sums to work out what time it'll be where you are. It was 1pm England but now it's 3pm as we moved forward and they moved backwards, so we're 2 hours closer. TL:DR 3pm Thursday afternoons.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived