Hello all

koxxwasp

Hi, I am new to this site.

We are currently on with the big move to OZ

me, wife and 2 kids.

A bit scared,

we are working in cahoots with the guys at Workforce Solutions, so it should be pretty fast I hope.

Thanks to you all.

This site seems very helpful and you all seem to be doing well.

We are looking into whether or not we could do the whole 175 visa ourselves without the use of an agent.

What are the pit falls of doing it this way and how much can you save.? My occupation is on the MODL and the SOL, I would need to use TRA for my assessment.

It looks as though it is going to be a long year with a lot of paper work to fill in :wacko:

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cantwait
Wow we have just had an offer of a job in Mackay in Queensland.

Things are moving now and I am lets say shi...g myself .:wacko:

Hi

Congratulations - well done!!! That's great news. Good luck - I hope it all goes smoothly for you

X

:smile:

• 2 months later...

Just a little update.

The house is sold, we should complete on the 3rd Oct, so it is getting close now.

We should be booking the removal people and the flights within the next couple of weeks or so.

John (excited but shi..ing it some what)

Guest The Pom Queen

Congratulations on the job offer. It is normal to be a little nervous and we have all been through that stage, it is the fear of stepping in to the unknown but believe me once you are here you will love it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again.

We have just had confirmation of our visas today.

Things are moving now.

We have to book flights next and move out of our house later this month we are using Anglo Pacific, have any of you guys used these and are they any good

I am guessing we should be out there in a month or so if all goes to plan.

Really nervous now :arghh:

See you soon fellow Mackayers, get the beers chilled for us. :biglaugh:

John and Tara.

Guest julie2g1b

hiya

sorry i missed you when you first joined so hi and welcome lol

good luck with the move your new life in oz and your new job.................

best wishes

julie :wubclub:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all just a quick update....again.

we have the shippers coming to empty our house tomorrow, so we will then be officially homeless for a week or two.

A lot of parties and goodbyes to deal with yet but we are all in good spirits but totally warn out with it all, we could do with a month off to recover.

We will be flying on the 21st october.....wish us luck and maybee our paths may cross some day...

All the best folks

John and familly

Thanks, we are hoping we are suited to life in Mackay.

Is that where you live.

The house feels all empty and sad now.

No, we are currently still in the Uk and plan to live in Brissie. Im an Aussie so have spent some time in Makay on hols and stuff and my dad visits often and is even considering retiring there. He loves the fishing.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks, we are hoping we are suited to life in Mackay.

Is that where you live.

The house feels all empty and sad now.

Hi John,

We landed on 26th Sept. I'm at work now and we get the keys to our house on wednesday(15thOct). I like Mackay but you will have to prepare yourself for a seriously laid back attitude which I think is a good thing:spinny:

Let me know if you need anything....

Ste

• 2 years later...
Guest johan4551

Hello everyone

I am Johan and I just join this site. I found this site interesting as many informative discussions are carried out here I am glad to be a part of this website. I am here to have some healthy discussion related to electrical goods and services.

Thank you in advance.

Guest Mystery^Customer1974

Superb KOXXWASP glad to see you are happy here down under :)

Welcome Johan to the wonderful world of POMS IN OZ

Look and listen to the vast knowledge of people on here but don't get to overawed by it all look forward to your future with a clean set of conceptions don't let negativity cloud you judgement too much but be willing to take it on board anyway above all I BLOOMIN LOVE IT HERE

I hope you do too :)

Archived