Statutory Declaration regarding history of relationship

Joachim

Hi

i was wondering if anyone has had to complete a statutory declaration regarding the history of your relationship

ive only been with my partner for 12 months but I'm not sure what exactly we need to put on the declaration and how I can make sure that I have everything correct

any help at all is appreciated

Just put the truth. Write about how you met, how you got together, how your life together works and your plans for your future together. It helps if you and your OH agree about key dates but other than that I would aim to write them seperately as it is your declaration not a joint one.

Everyone that applies for a partner visa has to do one each. Don't think too much into it but if you search on the forum for "history of relationship statement" you might find some people talking about what they included. We included:

- how we met

- how the relationship started

- when we moved in together and where

- when I met his family and when he met mine

- how we moved to Australia together

- how I moved to the UK to be with him

- holidays (larger overseas ones we took together)

- where we see ourselves in 5 years (e.g if we wanted to be married, children etc)

all in all mine was about 6 pages long and it read like a story in chronological order with me talking about how I felt etc. My partner was more factual and had only wrote about 4 pages.